cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Mail No Longer An Option For Customers?

Did the Post Office get rid of the Flat Rate Padded Envelopes? I've noticed in all of my listings that qualify to be shipped Priority Mail this option is not available through Ebay. Is this a new change in the postal system or another Ebay glitch? Thanks for any help provided.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelopes are available.    Availability is based on what you show as dimensions in your listing (if dimensions are too large...then this option will NOT be available).

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Well, I just took a look at your listings. I see 8 items. I do not see any of them as being appropriate for, and I would not buy any of them if you were planning on using a flat rate envelope. Maybe the Gods that be agree.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate is still alive and well and one of my most common shipping methods. It's available as of now on eBay in my category:ScreenShot Tool -20230506230855.png

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelopes are available.    Availability is based on what you show as dimensions in your listing (if dimensions are too large...then this option will NOT be available).

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

When you are creating labels, you can click on Compare All Services. Addition packaging selections for USPS will be displayed.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Try clicking on See More..

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

The only Priority offering discontinued by USPS in 2023 is Regional Rate boxes (effective Jan 22nd).

eBay made an unannounced change related to setting up listings with certain types of packaging. When package dimensions entered exceed eBay's programmed dimensions, eBay will not show you those shipping options when setting up your listing @memorymarielane.

To access these services, enter the following package dimensions:

USPS Flat Rate Envelopes: 12x9x1
USPS Small Flat Rate Box: 8x5x1
USPS Med Flat Rate Box: 14x12x3 or 11x8x6
USPS Large Flat Rate Box: 12x12x6
eBay Standard Envelope: 11x6x1

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The option is still there.

When printing out a shipping label click on "Compare all services".

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 3.45.19 AM.png

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

Well, I just took a look at your listings. I see 8 items. I do not see any of them as being appropriate for, and I would not buy any of them if you were planning on using a flat rate envelope. Maybe the Gods that be agree.

There are currently two listings that qualify to be shipped in a padded flat rate envelope. If you are so quick to judge my listings then maybe you should do a bit more research to see that majority will be sent out in a box.. READ THE DESCRIPTION!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@caldreamer wrote:

Thank you for mentioning the dimensions. I googled the size of the envelope and went back and changed the dimensions of the listing that qualified and it popped up as an option!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

The only Priority offering discontinued by USPS in 2023 is Regional Rate boxes (effective Jan 22nd).

eBay made an unannounced change related to setting up listings with certain types of packaging. When package dimensions entered exceed eBay's programmed dimensions, eBay will not show you those shipping options when setting up your listing @memorymarielane.

To access these services, enter the following package dimensions:

USPS Flat Rate Envelopes: 12x9x1
USPS Small Flat Rate Box: 8x5x1
USPS Med Flat Rate Box: 14x12x3 or 11x8x6
USPS Large Flat Rate Box: 12x12x6
eBay Standard Envelope: 11x6x1

Thank you for mentioning the dimensions update. I googled the size of the envelope and went back and changed the dimensions of the listing that qualified and it popped up as an option!

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

In a way, the USPS branches keep those a secret. That is, I don't find them in the racks or bins with the other Flate Rate envelopes or boxes.  Some months ago, I ordered them from the USPS Web site. My order went to the West Coast, then back to southern PA, then finally to me in NJ. This time, the supervisor gave me about two dozen of them from the back.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@union-hill 

Padded FRE  is not stocked at Post Offices, just as the other Priority boxes that often ship cheaper than Flat rate, and are only available online, and not stocked.

Padded FRE is a great deal. They do not want you to get a great deal.

If you do not want to pay the Flat Rate prices they want customers to buy a USPS "ready post" box which is "stocked".

It's all about upsell, upsell, upsell.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I keep all my listings economy shipping and dims all small.  This way your not dictated to how you ship.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@sugarnspice777 wrote:

I keep all my listings economy shipping and dims all small.  This way your not dictated to how you ship.

I have to ask what is "dims"? That is a new one on me. I ship larger items that require a box but every now and then an item can be shipped out in a padded flat rate env. I try to keep first class items in stock but the bigger sellers normally always go priority and I'm okay with that because the buyer always pays shipping unless it is over a certain dollar amount, but to each their own 🙂

Message 15 of 15
latest reply