cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential buyer in Puerto Rico inexplicably cannot buy from me

A person in Puerto Rico who has bought from me on occasion in the past is now getting a message stating that I do not ship to Puerto Rico. About six years ago I stopped shipping internationally and changed my settings to "Ships to United States only." The last time I checked, Puerto Rico was considered part of the U.S.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Potential buyer in Puerto Rico inexplicably cannot buy from me

@45vinyljunkie 

I checked your listing 30376847275, and a couple more.

does not ship to PR.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Is it possible that USPS is having temporary problems because of hurricanes?  Puerto Rico is part of USA.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for checking.

This is odd because I've had several buyers from Puerto Rico in the past (including the buyer who brought this to my attention) without any issues.

I spoke to someone from eBay's customer service department earlier tonight for nearly half an hour, but she was unable to solve my problem. She checked my settings and said that my shipping preferences do not exclude Puerto Rico.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Same thing happened to me. They buried Puerto Rico in the International shipping section under Oceania - go to:

My eBay - Summary

Account

Site Preferences

Shipping Preferences

International

Oceania

unclick the box for Puerto Rico (I did the same for Guam)

Click Also Apply To Current Listings near bottom and Save at bottom. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I'm afraid that the ebay software doesn't recognize Puerto Rico as anything other than 'International'.  As mentioned, you have to identify it as being a 'ship to' location.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@chrispycritter007 wrote:

Same thing happened to me. They buried Puerto Rico in the International shipping section under Oceania - go to:

My eBay - Summary

Account

Site Preferences

Shipping Preferences

International

Oceania

unclick the box for Puerto Rico (I did the same for Guam)

Click Also Apply To Current Listings near bottom and Save at bottom. 

yep......that's the answer...............I asked Nate/shipping to get PR moved out of Central American countries and up to US protectorates, or whatever it's called.......when the shipping team was on wkly chat in last several wks......never has been in the right area to be included for shippers to US only .

Message 7 of 7
latest reply