cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Fraud Buy

Sold an item last night for $129.99. Was about to print the shipping label when I noticed the address was a bit odd.. appears to be a random bowling alley in Delaware. Did a search on Google and the exact address came up in scams involving Chinese buyers purchasing items, then after 90 days claiming the item never arrived and getting refunds.

What's my play here? I don't want to ship this item. How do I properly cancel this order, notify eBay of a potential fraudulent buyer and relist my item without getting dinged?

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Potential Fraud Buy

Thats not true. You can cancel if the address cant be confirmed.

Message 31 of 67
latest reply

Cancel and give as reason that address cant be confirmed. Then call ebay and report the id as fraudulent

i myself would call the postmaster in that town and report that the address is being used for fraud. Find out how you can report to usps national

Message 32 of 67
latest reply

Have you called up the postmaster in that town and reviewed the issues with them They need to know that mail fraud is going on at that address.

Have you called the manager of the bowling alley I would

Also usps national needs to know

Message 33 of 67
latest reply

Why wouldnt you contact the ebay buyer through getting their contact info and make an attempt to finds out what is going on

There is NO WAY Id ship an item with that value to that address. The problems have aready been made public

yOU WILL GET STUNG

Message 34 of 67
latest reply

They wont back you up if this is a scam. The scammers know how to get around their protections. Dont be bullied into shipping this because of some posters who are not going to be the ones to lose

Message 35 of 67
latest reply

the screenshots dont work. many people have some here with all kinds of proof that you suggest, and it doesnt work.

Message 36 of 67
latest reply

It appears to be a business, not a reshipper - though the eBay account IS a Chinese account

Message 37 of 67
latest reply

Making dinner now.  But I need to find the exact wording for problem with address to see if you have evidence it is being used for scammers would loosly apply as to there being a problem..

Message 38 of 67
latest reply

@themagicmountain wrote:

Have you called up the postmaster in that town and reviewed the issues with them They need to know that mail fraud is going on at that address.

Have you called the manager of the bowling alley I would

Also usps national needs to know

It's not a bowling alley actually. It's on a road that is named the same as a bowling alley nearby (my mistake). The business listed has no *phone number, but I have found other posts claiming this EXACT address, different buyers and different company names, all with the same result. 90 days they file a claim. I am flip flopping back to my original stance. I am NOT shipping this item, but I'm still unsure of how to navigate canceling the order without slamming my account (which is perfect as it should be!)

Message 39 of 67
latest reply

@Anonymous can the OP here safely cancel this transaction as "problem with buyers address"?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 40 of 67
latest reply

Here is another post referencing this EXACT address. My buyer is using a Chinese ebay account, but shipping to the address listed here.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Scammers-using-package-forwarding-company-loc...

Based on patterns for this address I feel like I should not be expected to ship this item

Message 41 of 67
latest reply

@missjen316 wrote:

@Anonymous can the OP here safely cancel this transaction as "problem with buyers address"?

Hopefully trinton will reply with what is OK to do. From my prospective if the address is valid on paypal and says OK to ship then you are telling this OP to LIE.  From my understanding all you need is verified address and TRACKING to prove delivery. If the item is reshipped a buyer claim cannot be submitted.

OP, the link you provided just had complainers about the situation but no results.

Message 42 of 67
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@missjen316 wrote:

Hopefully trinton will reply with what is OK to do. From my prospective if the address is valid on paypal and says OK to ship then you are telling this OP to LIE.  From my understanding all you need is verified address and TRACKING to prove delivery. If the item is reshipped a buyer claim cannot be submitted.

OP, the link you provided just had complainers about the situation but no results.

One of the posters in the link said he was advised by eBay to cancel his transactions. I'm just trying to protect myself - if someone from eBay tells me I need to ship then I will but I'd really like to protect myself as best as possible.

Message 43 of 67
latest reply

@watervsanchor wrote:

@coolections wrote:

@missjen316 wrote:

One of the posters in the link said he was advised by eBay to cancel his transactions. I'm just trying to protect myself - if someone from eBay tells me I need to ship then I will but I'd really like to protect myself as best as possible.

You need to be careful when you get advice from ebay CS because they are known to give out incorrect information and then do not stand by the decision.

We have seen CS tell a buyer something and it is harmful.

Try to get Trinton or Heidi to give an answer here and then make a copy of it for your files so you have proof.

Message 44 of 67
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@watervsanchor wrote:

@coolections wrote:

@missjen316 wrote:

You need to be careful when you get advice from ebay CS because they are known to give out incorrect information and then do not stand by the decision.

We have seen CS tell a buyer something and it is harmful.

Try to get Trinton or Heidi to give an answer here and then make a copy of it for your files so you have proof.

Good to know!

Message 45 of 67
latest reply