cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Check Your Variation Listings In Search

I was just doing a search for my ornaments, using the term  Recycled Can Ornaments.  My variation composite/stitched photos are not showing at all for any of my variation listings.  The images being returned are random single items from within the variation and not all items from the variation listings are shown as individuals.  

Is anyone else seeing this?  Do we know if this is an intentional change?

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Re: Please Check Your Variation Listings In Search

@mam98031 wrote:

It isn't a new one for me.  But I'm glad that so many of you have not dealt with it as long as I have.  I just got so use to seeing it I almost forgot it was an issue.  LOL

Although I didn't see any of this for my listings so far (but then again I try to stay away from ebay and enjoy my weekends), I can agree that this does happen on and off for quite sometime. There's always issues with variation/header/gallery photos that I too have had my spirit about this broken by ebay's failure to permanently fix this issue. I often just let the glitch run it's course.

@mcdougle4248  Do/did you hit the same glitch when you are in your general items listed page without any search here? https://www.ebay.com/sch/mcdougle4248/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg

I wonder if the glitch is dependent on your keywords used to search. Because that's how it was sometimes in the past too.

Message 16 of 78
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@Anonymous, could you get this reported? I'm tagging you because I saw you actively posting earlier. Variation listings aren't showing the correct lead image in search - they're showing an image from a random variation within the listing.

Hi @wastingtime101, I can definitely get this reported. Can you give me a couple of item numbers to include as examples? 

@Anonymous 

I can give a few item numbers of affected listings

Message 17 of 78
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

It isn't a new one for me.  But I'm glad that so many of you have not dealt with it as long as I have.  I just got so use to seeing it I almost forgot it was an issue.  LOL

Although I didn't see any of this for my listings so far (but then again I try to stay away from ebay and enjoy my weekends), I can agree that this does happen on and off for quite sometime. There's always issues with variation/header/gallery photos that I too have had my spirit about this broken by ebay's failure to permanently fix this issue. I often just let the glitch run it's course.

@mcdougle4248  Do/did you hit the same glitch when you are in your general items listed page without any search here? https://www.ebay.com/sch/mcdougle4248/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg

I wonder if the glitch is dependent on your keywords used to search. Because that's how it was sometimes in the past too.

Thank you for the suggestion.  Same problem showing using the link you provided.

Message 18 of 78
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@Anonymous, could you get this reported? I'm tagging you because I saw you actively posting earlier. Variation listings aren't showing the correct lead image in search - they're showing an image from a random variation within the listing.

Hi @wastingtime101, I can definitely get this reported. Can you give me a couple of item numbers to include as examples? 

Just in case you want more.  Here are some of mine.  Oh my, in looking at this issue this morning, I've got more than I think I have ever had.  I mean a great deal of my listings are currently affected.  It is normally just a few.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 78
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Just in case you want more.  Here are some of mine.  Oh my, in looking at this issue this morning, I've got more than I think I have ever had.  I mean a great deal of my listings are currently affected.  It is normally just a few.

Every variation listing I have is affected.  I am so disappointed, sales have been good until this happened sometime Thursday night.  I have only sold one item since.

There are a couple of other threads on the subject and this is happening on ebay.co.uk also.

Message 20 of 78
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Every variation listing I have is affected.  I am so disappointed, sales have been good until this happened sometime Thursday night.  I have only sold one item since.

There are a couple of other threads on the subject and this is happening on ebay.co.uk also.

Yes, come to think of it, it is the same for me.  However it has been going on a bit longer.  Sales from a variation listing has been very off.  My sales are good on regular GTC listings.  I had not put that together until you mentioned this.  Sometimes I'm just a slow old broad!!!

Message 21 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@Anonymous 

I can give a few item numbers of affected listings

Thanks, @mcdougle4248! I've gotten these details reported for investigation and will let you know if I need anything else.

Message 22 of 78
latest reply

The boards are acting wonky...at first I did not see your post.

Message 23 of 78
latest reply

Something to keep in mind is that if Best Match is the search method, then one of your variations, rather than the parent or default view, may surface in Best Match.  For further testing, I recommend searching by some filter other than Best Match to see what appears. If the problem is still present in your other search methods (like newest first), then there is indeed an issue to resolve.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 24 of 78
latest reply

@shipscript wrote:

Something to keep in mind is that if Best Match is the search method, then one of your variations, rather than the parent or default view, may surface in Best Match.  For further testing, I recommend searching by some filter other than Best Match to see what appears. If the problem is still present in your other search methods (like newest first), then there is indeed an issue to resolve.

@shipscript 

It is extremely rare for me to search using Best Match.  For the same issues that I gave examples of up thread.  By sort was Lowest First.

Message 25 of 78
latest reply

@shipscript wrote:

I searched by newly listed and price+shipping lowest first and all of the variation listings, except the two sponsored listings noted below, still do not show the default photo.

Message 26 of 78
latest reply

its annoying and it needs to be fixed ASAP

So sick of all the glitches...i can't find some items in my store today as well as the picture thing going on and they are items that were visible up to a few days ago. When I look at my store i'm down to less than 300 items. 

think I will just go and tend to my garden while they sort themselves out. I can't waste anymore time with trying to list when stuff is broke

Message 27 of 78
latest reply

What an ugly mess

this listing i can no longer see when i look at my store 373064531370 prolly others but i'm at the point i can't be bothered to go looking and will just wait for a few days to see if things go back to normal. I have new stock arriving soon so i will check then if not fixed will just put it up on Etsy as I don't have time to mess around....i mean really who does!

Message 28 of 78
latest reply

Even the listings in my store don't have the LOT picture so I think it is more than related to a search/best match issue.
Message 29 of 78
latest reply

@qualitybargains01 wrote:
Even the listings in my store don't have the LOT picture so I think it is more than related to a search/best match issue.

The variation listings in my store don't have the composite (lot) photo as the main photo either.  Not one sale today.  I sure hope they get this fixed quickly.

Message 30 of 78
latest reply