cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures

What works best for everyone?   Meaning,  forget the camera phones for a minute.  I recently bought white tagboards guessing a foam.

DO you all use blankets,  boxes for underneath?   pliable paper ,  I was watching a video and that was suggested.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Pictures

I often use a piece of cardboard, and have my lighting situated where there are no shadows of my camera, or my hand.

Thing with cardboard, for me, is that if I need to do any "color" editing the cardboard is helpful in judging color.

Some item that I have get photos lying on green grass. Again, helpful with color adjustment.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Pictures

If  different angles are needed of the item, I do that by propping up without my hands in the photos.

Background paper/cardboard/blanket/towel/sheet should be as free as possible of marks/stains.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Pictures

We use a piece of white foam board underneath with a white tri fold piece as background (with a something heavy behind it so it doesn't fall over).....have various pieces/sizes of Styrofoam for staging as well as plate holders.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Pictures

I use a piece of slightly mottled very light grey Formica. Mostly I use grey because if I am photgraphing something white against a white background it tends to get lost. It also enables me to always identify MY pictures and, being Formica, is easy to keep clean. Then I use a digital camera with strong natural light. No flash - it tends to wash out the color.

Yes, I know Google says they want a white background but my pictures show up just fine, as is, on Google searches.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Pictures

very interesting.  does anyone see a significance in sales?   depending on products.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Pictures

Hi, i have been using a large 5-sided white photo cube for years. On either side, i place bright lamps (with daylight bulbs), pointing into the left and right sides of the cube. This gives the right amount of diffused light. For the backdrop, i use a pliable sheet of white opaque plastic that covers the back and bottom of the interior cube. Below is a screen shot of a similar setup.

26710C6C-CD2D-4FDB-B1C2-0460F1C879C4.jpeg

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Pictures

For the most part, I simply switch backgrounds, between light and dark, depending on the "power" color of my items (most of which are flat).

Fortunately, the dinette area in my house features both a dining room table with a deep, dark color, across from which is a light-colored counter-top.  So I can switch, back and forth, just by turning around 180 degrees.

Too many sellers are still cluttering up their main photos with too many extraneous items:  stuffed animals, lighting fixtures, sofa cushions, potted plants, and so on.  In one seller's photos, the actual item being sold was quite small, in comparison with everything else pictured in the seller's main photo.

Simplify. . .simplify.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply