cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal issues!

I have sold a few items and all payments show that they were sent and then it has an hour glass next to it. I have called PayPal and they confirmed that the payment was sent but the email they have on file is different from eBay. I have three emails in PayPal, one PayPal email in eBay. I have tried re-connecting to PayPal from eBay to make sure the information is correct. However I still have this issue when ever I sell an item.

I already tried contacting eBay and they told me the payment was sent to my PayPal account. PayPal told me that it is there but I can't access it!

I am not going to waste HOURS UPON HOURS of dealing with eBay and PayPal ridicoulous support that takes them 40min to an 1hr to answer their **bleep** phone!

I can buy items on eBay using PayPal just fine so I don't get what the issue is.

PLEASE HELP!

THANK YOU!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: PayPal issues!

PayPal told me that it is there but I can't access it!

Are you saying that you can't see the payment OR that the payment is not available for you to transfer it.......i.e. it's on hold?  What did paypal say? 

Usually, the hour glass in your ebay sold page means it's an e check that does take time to clear........and you shouldn't mail an item until the hrglass is replaced by a check mark..... 

As far as not wasting time contacting.......it's a pain..........but it's also your $$..........if you don't understand how things are working, you are risking losing money. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@vintacast wrote:

I have sold a few items and all payments show that they were sent and then it has an hour glass next to it. I have called PayPal and they confirmed that the payment was sent but the email they have on file is different from eBay. ...

The eBay payment is sent to the email address that was in the payment section of the listing when you created it.

This problem probably means that the email address on the listing was not correct. Maybe a typo, or maybe it was an old address because I see that you sold other items more than a year ago. If you have changed your email address since then, the old address was probably the default when you listed the new items.

Check the options on this eBay help page:

How can I claim a PayPal payment?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@vintacast wrote:

I have sold a few items and all payments show that they were sent and then it has an hour glass next to it. I have called PayPal and they confirmed that the payment was sent but the email they have on file is different from eBay. I have three emails in PayPal, one PayPal email in eBay. I have tried re-connecting to PayPal from eBay to make sure the information is correct. However I still have this issue when ever I sell an item.

I already tried contacting eBay and they told me the payment was sent to my PayPal account. PayPal told me that it is there but I can't access it!

I am not going to waste HOURS UPON HOURS of dealing with eBay and PayPal ridicoulous support that takes them 40min to an 1hr to answer their **bleep** phone!

I can buy items on eBay using PayPal just fine so I don't get what the issue is.

PLEASE HELP!

THANK YOU!

Add all your email addys to your PP account profile that you could use for selling on ebay. You can have several in your profile for accepting payments.

Then check the listing that you sold by using "relist" or "sell similar" to check and see what email you input into the box for "Payment goes to XXXX".

Then close the page after copying that email.

That email also needs to be added to your PP account profile to accept payment.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I don't see the payment at all. It is not in my account. When I contacted PayPal, they told me that it was sent to my account but is not in my account. The last 4 items I sold all have the hour glass and two of the sold items were sold over 2 weeks ago.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I updated my email address before I listed the new items weeks ago.

The email address I used is the primary email account I have in PayPal.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I don't see in my account where I can add PayPal email addresses.

Ebay simply requires me to login and it inserts the primary PayPal email address.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I read this page over and it says eBay/PayPal will send me an email if the email address on file is not confirmed in my PayPal account when the buyer sends payment. I NEVER got an email from either eBay or PayPal when the 3 different buyers bought items in the past month or so.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/claimpayment.html

"Payments from an unconfirmed address"

Message 8 of 8
latest reply