cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal changes

I used to love to sell stuff , then buy stuff in and out of PayPal. It was fun. eBay says nope, now my PayPal’s low and I don’t buy stuff on eBay , just sell….how does that work for eBay? Someone gonna say well put more money in your PayPal,  the point is it was easy and it was good for everybody and made eBay more fun cause I was always looking to buy something  new.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: PayPal changes

@moralsnvalues   I liked using PayPal to purchase on eBay and other sites ... now I use a credit card ... it was convenient using PP though, no monthly bill to pay ... just point, click and pay.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@moralsnvalues   I liked using PayPal to purchase on eBay and other sites ... now I use a credit card ... it was convenient using PP though, no monthly bill to pay ... just point, click and pay.

Regards,
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Make your purchases with a "cash back" credit card. That's even more fun that letting PP have your money sitting there getting no interest.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You do understand that the money ebay paid Paypal now stays "inhouse"?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@moralsnvalues 

It's still easy.

Attach your checking account to Pay Pal and use it as the funding source.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I pay for every eBay purchase with PayPal, and I haven't had any money in a PayPal account for ages.

I'm not really sure whether you don't understand how PayPal works, or you just wanted to try to convince us that you're buying less now because eBay switched to Managed Payments.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I only have Paypal because I get paid elsewhere with it. If it weren't for that, I would ditch them.  The second money hits it, I transfer it.  Always have, always will, and I've had a Paypal account since 2000, longer than I've been on Ebay. No way no how would I leave money in there.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

That money doesn't get into your PayPal account via magic, it's coming from some other source somewhere, a bank account most likely. 

OP does unintentionally raise an interesting point, though.   Why can't we use our pending funds to pay for eBay purchases?  We can use it to pay for postage.   Or maybe you can do it and I'm just not aware.  

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@postingid7659 wrote:

That money doesn't get into your PayPal account via magic, it's coming from some other source somewhere, a bank account most likely. 

OP does unintentionally raise an interesting point, though.   Why can't we use our pending funds to pay for eBay purchases?  We can use it to pay for postage.   Or maybe you can do it and I'm just not aware.  

@postingid7659   Like the OP, I liked the income from eBay sales going in to PayPal and then using that money to purchase with from ... to your point about having that same feature with MP is or course a good one and some have Posted on The Community that a "Wallet" will eventually be added to MP (LOL, it should have been part of the program from day one but who's counting right?).  The Wallet function would let one transfer $$ to their bank account when they want and in the amount they want ...  "maybe" it (or some other feature) would allow purchases to be made but that may be a stretch for eBay's role in processing Sellers' money ...

Regards,
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@postingid7659 wrote:

@postingid7659  Right now MP doesn't have a wallet system, but they're talking about developing one when everyone has been moved onto MP. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@postingid7659 wrote:

What are you talking about? Either you've completely misunderstood my post, or you've accidentally replied to the wrong message.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I would suggest that you get the best Buyer Protection if you use Paypal backed by a credit card.

On eBay, that gives you the MBG for 30 days, PP Buyer Protection for 180 days and whatever your card policy is on chargebacks, usually 180 days.

Backing with a debit card or a bank balance is like spending cash. You don't have any way to reclaim it.

I won't even mention prepaid cards, gift cards or PP balances in the same sentence as "buyer protection". Okay I just did, but I used my PP balance to buy stuff too-- just rarely on eBay. Event tickets mostly.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

HI!   I hear you & understand your ?.   I also did the same as you, used money that I received for items here to buy things. It was fun, I would buy odd things I love looking at items on line, I am more or less homebound so this is the only way I shop.  I did add money to my pay-pal account though to shop with & I have been shopping on Mercari, I just can not figure how to use my balance from their to buy items. I have bought many items in the last 2 weeks from their & now the joy is back using Pay-pal.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Backing with a debit card or a bank balance is like spending cash. You don't have any way to reclaim it.

It depends on the debit card. My debit card (Navy Federal)  gives me 60 days to get my money back should something go haywire.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I’m sure eBay (finance) figured out the loss of people not returning the money they made back into the pot was worth it.

I’m sure we’re not alone but big business doesn’t care 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply