cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Research Study-- $150 Incentive

Has anyone else gotten this from Paypal? I called and had an agent walk me through the FAQ.  It is a real survey from Paypal that pays you 150.00 to your Paypal account.  We have a couple Paypal accounts and they are linked together with our registered business EIN number.   Not sure I am going to do this survey or not?

At PayPal we are always interested in learning from our customers. We will be conducting remote interviews via phone and computer with our PayPal customers.

Here are the details:

Date: Thursday, June 7th through Friday, June 8th
Length: 60 minutes
Incentive: $150 via your PayPal account
Topic: Customer Feedback

If you are interested in participating, please click on the following link OR Copy/Paste the link into a new web browser to begin the screening process:

Good Luck Selling!

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: PayPal Research Study-- $150 Incentive

@thallidguy wrote:

Wow, that low!? That surprises even me.

Paypal has always had a lot of business outside of Ebay, but Ebay had them throttled. Now they can actually grow again.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 31 of 47
latest reply

@thallidguy wrote:

Wow, that low!? That surprises even me.

What it is not telling us is that eBay revenue for them is extremely more profitably than other areas.  I think I read a couple years ago when the split happened the volume was aout 30% but the profit was about 45%.

eBay registered acocunts = about 170 Million

Paypal registered accounts = about 225 million

Good Luck Selling!

Message 32 of 47
latest reply

Better to err on the side of caution.   I dont trust anyone when they start asking me about a business or my online business. Neither should you.

Message 33 of 47
latest reply

I disagree because most of the other ecommerce selling sites already accept PAYPAL and so do many cash register check outs?

Do you know of many sites or any checkouts that accept ADYEN? 

I cant think of any but Home Depot accepts paypal and so does the supermarket. 

So I can prove your opinion is wrong about PAYPAL. 

Its not going anywhere. EBAY thats another story.  It certainly doesnt seem to be growing exponentially. 

Message 34 of 47
latest reply

@thallidguy wrote:

Is PP still giving out credit card readers, trying to compete in the same space as Square? If so, that's another market that has nothing to do with eBay.

When you think about, PayPal really is just as sound an alternative off eBay as on for small companies that want to take electronic payments but can't afford their own merchant services account. I've seen small game publishers take PP through their website, but not credit cards.

They do

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader

Message 35 of 47
latest reply

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

Better to err on the side of caution.   I dont trust anyone when they start asking me about a business or my online business. Neither should you.

You seriously need a tinfoil hat!

Message 36 of 47
latest reply

I don't put alot of validity into posting IDs kind of like band camp stories....

Message 37 of 47
latest reply

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

I disagree because most of the other ecommerce selling sites already accept PAYPAL and so do many cash register check outs?

I cant think of any but Home Depot accepts paypal and so does the supermarket. 

So I can prove your opinion is wrong about PAYPAL. 

Its not going anywhere. EBAY thats another story.  It certainly doesnt seem to be growing exponentially. 

Adyen is not a payment method like Paypal. Buyers do not pay with Adyen. They are a payment PROCESSOR, buyers pay through Adyen.

Adyen's  clients include Uber, Netflix, Etsy, booking.com, Groupon, KLM Airlines, LinkedIn, Spotify and many more. If you have ever made a purchase through, or used one of those services, your payment was processed by Adyen.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 38 of 47
latest reply

I'll tell them what I think of them for free, and it won't take me an hour either.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 39 of 47
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

As soon as ebay pulls the plug their days are number. They hung on to Mommas apron egg sucking to long and the pack has left them behind....

... and now they suddenly care what their customers think.  3,000 days late and a fist full of dollars short.

Message 40 of 47
latest reply

Ted they are a well run world class operation just about anywhere you go if you ask do you take paypal? the reply will be whats that? or are they still in business? Nothing but a first class operation and I expect when ebay begins holding the purse strings we'll see the same world class performance continue...

Message 41 of 47
latest reply

What it is not telling us is that eBay revenue for them is extremely more profitably than other areas.  I think I read a couple years ago when the split happened the volume was aout 30% but the profit was about 45%.

A lot of that non-eBay growth was from deals they made that were essentially give-aways.  Little or no profit at all, just to grow non-eBay market share, like the Home Depot deal.

Message 42 of 47
latest reply

Somewhere else I sell that I can't name, I take PayPal as a stand alone, and the site takes credit cards for me, processed through Adyen.  Eight years ago, it was about a 50-50 split.  Today, less than 5% pay with PayPal.

A long time ago, it was nearly impossible for small sellers to get a CC merchant account.  Not so today.  The credit cards were painfully slow to get involved in ecommerce, but that's no longer true.  My wife is a really small seller, mostly in-person, she takes credit cards (that ultimately process through Adyen, btw).  No one has ever asked her to pay with PayPal, which is good since I told her a long time ago to NEVER accept PayPal for an in-person payment. 

Message 43 of 47
latest reply

ted - I haven't have even one payment thru PP on the other site yet.

@ted_200 wrote:

A lot of that non-eBay growth was from deals they made that were essentially give-aways.  Little or no profit at all, just to grow non-eBay market share, like the Home Depot deal.

Actually the reason eBay is very profitable for Paypal is because the cost to complete the transaction is extremely low for eBay transactions.  The reason why is because eBay basically handles about 99% of all customer services issues like cases opened (money back guarantee) so Paypal does not have that overhead to deal with for eBay transactions and secondly is that paypal is an inline payment processor on eBay which is also very efficient. 

Good Luck Selling!

Message 45 of 47
latest reply