cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Research Study-- $150 Incentive

Has anyone else gotten this from Paypal? I called and had an agent walk me through the FAQ.  It is a real survey from Paypal that pays you 150.00 to your Paypal account.  We have a couple Paypal accounts and they are linked together with our registered business EIN number.   Not sure I am going to do this survey or not?

At PayPal we are always interested in learning from our customers. We will be conducting remote interviews via phone and computer with our PayPal customers.

Here are the details:

Date: Thursday, June 7th through Friday, June 8th
Length: 60 minutes
Incentive: $150 via your PayPal account
Topic: Customer Feedback

If you are interested in participating, please click on the following link OR Copy/Paste the link into a new web browser to begin the screening process:

Good Luck Selling!

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: PayPal Research Study-- $150 Incentive

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

Do you make a lot of money on paypal?  Even if its legit they probably want to figure out how and why so they can steal your idea or sell it to someone else. Just saying. 

Not sure where you got stealing from?  They are paying you for information about whatever the subject is about.  No theft from anyone here.  Please try to focus on the thread not some kind of conspiracy.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 16 of 47
latest reply

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

Because a fool and their money are soon parted? What do you sell? Toys? Clothes? Do you sell a lot?You dont think companies cut secret side deals with multiple vendors?  Do you think they would tell you if they were planning to steal your business plan? 

Maybe they just like you.  Seems unlikely though they would ask you for no particular reason does it? Nothing personal. Just explaining business.

Where do you get for no particular reason?  There is a reason why some users got the survey opportunity and some did not.  I already gave you what I think is the reason based on the prequalifying question I answered why I was learning more.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

Sure can I pay you $150 to talk about your $1.5 million dollars a year business (like your suppliers, what you charge, what you pay for shipping)?  I promise it will be worth it. 

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

Do you make a lot of money on paypal?  Even if its legit they probably want to figure out how and why so they can steal your idea or sell it to someone else. Just saying. 

You really don't understand how market research works do you? What they're asking in this study is basically how you perceive PayPal and what would make it work better for you.

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

Sure can I pay you $150 to talk about your $1.5 million dollars a year business (like your suppliers, what you charge, what you pay for shipping)?  I promise it will be worth it. 

No,  I do not think I would take payment to counsel you about anything business related.  I do not see this as an area you can thrive in.   Everything is not a scam.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 20 of 47
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

The vast majority of research panels I participate in don't pay with Paypal. They pay with either preloaded Visa cards, a check or bank transfer. Most are in depth panels about consumer type items, how you use them, do they work, do you like them, what could be improved, etc. 

I'm also a member of several panels and I've gotten free stuff sent to me a bunch of time so I can test it and give feedback.

Everything from hand lotion to vacuums.

I recently got $100 paid straight to PayPal for going and do a certain retail outlet and taking photos of the clothing and then taking a survey about my experience in the store. The whole thing took me less than 20 minutes.

Message 21 of 47
latest reply

As soon as ebay pulls the plug their days are number. They hung on to Mommas apron egg sucking to long and the pack has left them behind....

Message 22 of 47
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

As soon as ebay pulls the plug their days are number. They hung on to Mommas apron egg sucking to long and the pack has left them behind....

I don't know about that a lot of the bigger retailers are now accepting PayPal payments not only online but in stores as well.

I actually paid for my last Dollar General purchase with PayPal.

Message 23 of 47
latest reply

@sarber60 wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

The vast majority of research panels I participate in don't pay with Paypal. They pay with either preloaded Visa cards, a check or bank transfer. Most are in depth panels about consumer type items, how you use them, do they work, do you like them, what could be improved, etc. 

I'm also a member of several panels and I've gotten free stuff sent to me a bunch of time so I can test it and give feedback.

Everything from hand lotion to vacuums.

I recently got $100 paid straight to PayPal for going and do a certain retail outlet and taking photos of the clothing and then taking a survey about my experience in the store. The whole thing took me less than 20 minutes.

Yep, get with the right panels and it's great grin  I get offers for the shop ones but I decline them. I don't drive much and would feel too conspicuous taking pics of stuff in the store lol

I don't get nearly as many panels as I used to get years ago when my daughter was younger.  A lot seem to be geared to younger folks and families with younger children, or heavy technology users.  Every now and then I qualify for a nice one though. 

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 24 of 47
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

If PayPal were not capable of standing on its own, Carl Icahn would not have been able to convince so many people that spinning it off would be in PayPal's best interest. The argument — which eventually prevailed — was that eBay was holding PayPal back.

We shall see.

But I did read recently that eBay actually constitutes a minority of eBay's business now. It has been growing in acceptance outside of eBay for years — you can buy Southwest Airlines tickets, for instance, with PayPal — and PayPal will still be an option on eBay for the forseeable future, just one among many.

Message 25 of 47
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Not a chance.  eBay represents less than 20% of total payment volume for Paypal. This number has been in decline for a couple years and should be much lower when the agreement ends in 2023.

What Paypal investors need to know

Good Luck Selling!

Message 26 of 47
latest reply

Is PP still giving out credit card readers, trying to compete in the same space as Square? If so, that's another market that has nothing to do with eBay.

When you think about, PayPal really is just as sound an alternative off eBay as on for small companies that want to take electronic payments but can't afford their own merchant services account. I've seen small game publishers take PP through their website, but not credit cards.

Message 27 of 47
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Not a chance.  eBay represents less than 20% of total payment volume for Paypal. This number has been in decline for a couple years and should be much lower when the agreement ends in 2023.

What Paypal investors need to know

Good Luck Selling!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/paypal-just-how-bad-is-the-ebay-breakup-2018-02-01

"EBay represented about 13% of PayPal’s total volume during the quarter, according to PayPal CFO John Rainey, and Davis believes it accounted for just 10% of revenue. He predicts that “the eventual impact (likely 2021) will be a very manageable low to mid single digit revenue and earnings hit.“

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 28 of 47
latest reply

Wow, that low!? That surprises even me.

Message 29 of 47
latest reply

@thallidguy wrote:

Is PP still giving out credit card readers, trying to compete in the same space as Square? If so, that's another market that has nothing to do with eBay.

When you think about, PayPal really is just as sound an alternative off eBay as on for small companies that want to take electronic payments but can't afford their own merchant services account. I've seen small game publishers take PP through their website, but not credit cards.

I think so.  They moved to a secured setup.  Also Paypal does the back end payment processing for big entities like Uber and AirBnB, some work for Disney and Dillards, probably a lot of side work within there platform.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 30 of 47
latest reply