cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Research Study-- $150 Incentive

Has anyone else gotten this from Paypal? I called and had an agent walk me through the FAQ.  It is a real survey from Paypal that pays you 150.00 to your Paypal account.  We have a couple Paypal accounts and they are linked together with our registered business EIN number.   Not sure I am going to do this survey or not?

At PayPal we are always interested in learning from our customers. We will be conducting remote interviews via phone and computer with our PayPal customers.

Here are the details:

Date: Thursday, June 7th through Friday, June 8th
Length: 60 minutes
Incentive: $150 via your PayPal account
Topic: Customer Feedback

If you are interested in participating, please click on the following link OR Copy/Paste the link into a new web browser to begin the screening process:

Good Luck Selling!

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: PayPal Research Study-- $150 Incentive

I wouldnt give them any information. 

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Assuming that you've done due diligence to verify that it's not a scammer (such as, at minimum, contacting PayPal yourself to verify that it came from them, which apparently you did...?), I'd go for it. $150 is at the upper end of what  a typical focus group pays for just an hour, and those sessions are rarely dull. I've been doing similar focus groups and paid surveys since the late 1980s.

EDIT: Having re-read the OP, I should emphasize that in a case like this where the interview is done remotely and you're apparently going to log in someplace to view a presentation, you do need to verify with PayPal themselves that it's a legitimate invitation from them, and not just an elaborate phishing setup.

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

I've actually been invited to that twice now.
It's a set of basic questions about PayPal and your use of of it and then they show you some potential products that they're going to unveil and get feedback on. And get feedback on that

Well worth one hour out of your life to get a hundred and fifty bucks
Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Yes is from Paypal.  They asked a few questions and wanted to know a time frame to do the survey.  I think it will more about using them as a merchant payment process and the security issues that come along with it.  Maybe something completely new as well?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

PP would probably put a hold on the money in the account until everything is tallied .............. Smiley LOL

It very well could be legit.

I've done many studies like this through 20/20 Research for $50 to upwards of $200.

Do you know the name of the survey host?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 47
latest reply

Keep in mind it generally takes about 30 days to actually get paid.
Message 8 of 47
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I've done many studies like this through 20/20 Research for $50 to upwards of $200.

Yes they are called FocusVision

PayPal has commissioned FocusVision, an independent market research company, to conduct this web-based survey among its members. If you have concerns about the validity of this survey, please contact research@paypal.com. 

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

@sarber60 wrote:
Well worth one hour out of your life to get a hundred and fifty bucks

Hopefully the company running the focus group will not file a SNAD dispute and ask for a refund because your responses were not what they were expecting to get 🙂

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Yes they are called FocusVision

PayPal has commissioned FocusVision, an independent market research company, to conduct this web-based survey among its members. If you have concerns about the validity of this survey, please contact research@paypal.com. 

Absolutely legit. Go for it 🙂

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 47
latest reply

Do you make a lot of money on paypal?  Even if its legit they probably want to figure out how and why so they can steal your idea or sell it to someone else. Just saying. 

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

Do you make a lot of money on paypal?  Even if its legit they probably want to figure out how and why so they can steal your idea or sell it to someone else. Just saying. 

The vast majority of research panels I participate in don't pay with Paypal. They pay with either preloaded Visa cards, a check or bank transfer. Most are in depth panels about consumer type items, how you use them, do they work, do you like them, what could be improved, etc. 

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

Why would PayPal need a company to run a focus group to find out how an eBay seller makes money?

PayPal already knows when a payment comes from an eBay transaction, they already know how much the payment was for, and they already have a link to the item that was purchased. 

Just saying.

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Because a fool and their money are soon parted? What do you sell? Toys? Clothes? Do you sell a lot?You dont think companies cut secret side deals with multiple vendors?  Do you think they would tell you if they were planning to steal your business plan? 

Maybe they just like you.  Seems unlikely though they would ask you for no particular reason does it? Nothing personal. Just explaining business.

Message 15 of 47
latest reply