cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel not arrived, I had combined postage for 2 items so only have one tracking number - what to do

A buyer bought 2 separate items, I combined postage (and gave a part postage refund on one)

Parcel hasn’t arrived. Royal Mail’s tracking service isn’t working. I’ve sent her a photo of the receipt showing the tracking number but obviously I can’t add the same tracking number to both items, it won’t take it (I remember doing this once before and having the same issue with adding the tracking which isn’t a problem unless it doesn’t arrive)

any advice please? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Parcel not arrived, I had combined postage for 2 items so only have one tracking number - what to do

@countrylover789 

Seasons greetings...You are located in the UK.  Most here are not familiar with the Royal Post and it's means of operation as this is a US community discussion forum.

You may be better served by tapping into your countries community discussion forum to get the advice and help you need:

www. ebay.com/uk

Good luck and hope all is resolved.

Happy Holidays.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I know it is too late for this one but for the future if you get two order from the same buyer under the same account going to the same address, you can combine them in the bulk shipping section.  That way when you buy the postage it will automatically input the single tracking number on both orders.  As you have already learned, eBay won't allow you to use the same tracking number on two orders if you try to do it manually.  

At least that is how the US site works.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You can 'add tracking' number for the 2nd number on eBay, 

in the 'Seller Hub' for the items under 'Orders' and then 'orders waiting shipping'. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@countrylover789 wrote:

A buyer bought 2 separate items, I combined postage (and gave a part postage refund on one)

Parcel hasn’t arrived. Royal Mail’s tracking service isn’t working. I’ve sent her a photo of the receipt showing the tracking number but obviously I can’t add the same tracking number to both items, it won’t take it (I remember doing this once before and having the same issue with adding the tracking which isn’t a problem unless it doesn’t arrive)

any advice please? 

Could be a glitch. But do both orders have the same username? They may be going to the same address, but it's possible they ordered on different accounts. If so, you won't be able to use the same tracking # for both orders.

Short of sending an empty envelope with tracking, not sure you have much recourse in this short of messaging support. But not sure they can do anything either.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It was the same user name and account.  
i was afraid it will show as second parcel no proof of delivery

Still ongoing but think I’ll be asked for a refund yet due to post strikes and Christmas post 

thanks all 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply