cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO lost package

Hi, the post office has lost a package.  I let the buyer know and refunded their money.  Now it is showing on my page as unpaid.  How do I clear this - do I cancel the sale or what?  Also, can I get my fvfee back?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: PO lost package

@parker_2k4 wrote:
oh yes city* and she also told me that there was probably something wrong with my printer and the bar code didn't print right and I must know everything is done by machines now .... until I pointed out that they scanned it just fine ... and the regional distribution center scanned it just fine .... so I think my printer is fine.

I declare - there are some truly excellent postmasters out there, but some seem to have been recruited by hanging a stick of raw meat outside a cave.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@parker_2k4 wrote:
No, they didn't, but according to the info the postmaster showed me, it is/was stuck in the annex.

If the buyer never said anything about the package not being delivered then it was probably delivered.  You seem to only be relying on what the tracking shows.  If they didn't scan it when it was delivered the tracking will never show this to you.

I seldom check my tracking unless I hear from a customer, but I recall looking at one in particular last year that didn't show delivered.  I checked back for at least a month and it never updated.  I never heard from the buyer, though, so my sources say it was delivered.   I did not contact them and I sure wasn't going to refund unless I heard from them. 

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

After reading your post fern, I might have missed the boat on this one. I assumed that since they never told me it was delivered after all the messages I've sent them updating them on what the postmaster said ... oh well, I can only hope the postmasters tracking data was correct and it is lost.

i hate losing faith in humanity ....

I have learned a lot here - thank you - all of you - for your advice.
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for you to lose faith in humanity.  Maybe they didn't get it...

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for you to lose faith in humanity.  Maybe they didn't get it...

Don't loose faith in humanity, it's just the people that are bad.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 20 of 25
latest reply

In the future do nothing unless the buyer complains that they have not received an item.

When dealing with a delivery problem use the USPS online customer service complaint form - they will check the tracking and deal with the post office involved and usually get back to you within 48 hours.   Dealing directly with a local postal employee is usually a waste of time. 

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

fern, it's cool. There are some not so nice folks out there. Since I have no proof either way, I'm hoping this buyer isn't one of em.

Even though it's been cancelled now, I'll still watch to see if tracking ever updates. Curiosity, ya know.
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

hahaha, some of em but thank God, not most of em!
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Thanks unc - got that - wait for the buyer to say something.

I thought the reverse would be true in a lost package case, that dealing with the local postmaster, in the branch it was shipped from, would yield better results.

Hopefully, this won't happen again, but if it does, I'll go online and fill out the form there.

Much appreciated!
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

" The package will probably arrive."

Don't hold your breath, some times when they get lost they stay lost.
Message 25 of 25
latest reply