cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 80 millions buyer eBay??? Where are they??? NOT ONE sale for a month now and counting.

Hey eBay...How many of the over 80 million eBay buyers are actually buyers in the USA? It's been a month and I have not sold even one antique or collectible. Over the past couple of weeks I added a bunch of great additions, but only added hundreds of more views and loads of added watchers, but no sales. I use to have a sell through rate of over 40% on avg. Now it didn't even register at all. Not even a 1% level.

One item I just listed has over 200 views and 13 watchers in a few days time in a high buying sub category. What's up with that eBay? Do you have my listings disabled? I have had to stop buying on eBay myself due to the numerous listings that I have tried to purchase, yet the BIN, checkout, etc...buttons would be either greyed out or not functioning correctly.

Could this also be the reason why over the last two months the eBay phone lines have gone from a 1 min hold time to about 1 hour. I find that odd in itself since eBay just opened a number of call centers along the east coast, Mich, and Mo, to name a few. 

I couldn't even maintain my TRSP status, because I recently dropped below the 100 items per year mark and in the past month that number has dropped too 71. Next month it will drop even more at this rate. All I can say about that is that "Where not in Kansas anymore Toto". Something really bad is going on with my accounts and many other sellers. 

I am so glad that I don't rely on eBay for my income, or I would be on the street due to the lack of any sales this year with 4 active accounts and over 1000 listings. In the past eBay has always been mad money for me, but now it isn't even producing enough for me to buy a movie ticket to the show.

Word of mouth is the best advertising they say. Will eBay...every year you give use small sellers less an less to brag about when it comes to our success at eBay. You just give us more gasoline to throw on a bad fire. Hopefully the board of directors will one day see this as a major problem and get past being complacent, and right the ship. Us bilge rats just may make your competition the new eBay in less time than you think if we all start jumping ship in droves. BTW...Your most hated competitor is now expanding in the antique and collectibles market.

This slow squeeze that your putting on us with your seller unfriendly algorithms and policies, is going to leave you with nothing left in your hands when you finally open them up. Many of us know that you don't want us selling here as we are not large sellers, that sell new product only, but that was what eBay was founded on. You forget eBay roots and it's first sale of a BROKEN laser pointer. NOT a new one. Think about that as you count the multi-million dollar paychecks that WE made for you. Because without us there is no eBay, and no PAYCHECK. 

Message 1 of 183
latest reply
182 REPLIES 182

Over 80 millions buyer eBay??? Where are they??? NOT ONE sale for a month now and counting.

Poor Timemachine777.

Your buyers were steered to China. If you subscribe to ecommercebytes.com, you'll read that ebay chinese sellers don't need to use epacket. Ebay has their own "speedpacket". I know they have warehouses of this junk, so I suspect that they're the sellers.

Ask me, and I'll show you their trash they send me in my email account and have for months. I've never bought a top for $2.49.

I suspect that US sellers are just a source for store fees and promotion fees.

Message 2 of 183
latest reply

@timemachine777 wrote:

One item I just listed has over 200 views and 13 watchers in a few days time in a high buying sub category. What's up with that eBay? Do you have my listings disabled?

If it has 200 views and 13 watchers, then clearly it is visible.

And I have not read any reports that the Buy button is broken, so I don't think that this listing has been "disabled".

I have also not read any reports that eBay is putting up warning messages or flashing lights telling buyers not to buy.

So if eBay is "doing something" to this listing, what do you suppose it might be?

Message 3 of 183
latest reply

I feel you TimeMachine. Sales here have been extremely slow for me as well. From 7-12+ a day consistently for years to 1 sale in the last 3.5 days and..300-375 sales a month to 70-100 a month. Getting very odd around here.
Message 4 of 183
latest reply

Same here, abe -- although May was only a HALF-bad month (sales only down 50%, rather than the new average of 60-70%), June is not looking too peachy:  only 9 sales, and a big goose egg for the last two days.

My new part-time job at Target provides me with an extra $1200 a month; so that makes up for most of my lost eBay business.  But it sure isn't as much fun as hunting for great old collectible books, toys, comics, records and magazines, and selling same to the appreciative set of buyers who used to flock to my store not so long ago.

Where'd all my buyers go?  And what happened to the "old" eBay?

To paraphrase an old radio show, "What evil lurks in the heart of eBay?  Only eBay knows!"

Message 5 of 183
latest reply

Just a thought  Maybe consider putting your smoothing plane up for auction?

They are actually doing well at auction right now.  -  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vintage+stanley+smoothing+planes&_sacat=0&LH_Auction=...

Good Luck Selling!

Message 6 of 183
latest reply

@timemachine777 wrote:

This slow squeeze that your putting on us with your seller unfriendly algorithms and policies, is going to leave you with nothing left in your hands when you finally open them up. Many of us know that you don't want us selling here as we are not large sellers, that sell new product only, but that was what eBay was founded on. You forget eBay roots and it's first sale of a BROKEN laser pointer. NOT a new one. Think about that as you count the multi-million dollar paychecks that WE made for you. Because without us there is no eBay, and no PAYCHECK. 

Yes Sir Timemachine!

Keep up the good threads!

Message 7 of 183
latest reply

@annindallas wrote:

Poor Timemachine777.

Your buyers were steered to China. If you subscribe to ecommercebytes.com, you'll read that ebay chinese sellers don't need to use epacket. Ebay has their own "speedpacket". I know they have warehouses of this junk, so I suspect that they're the sellers.

Ask me, and I'll show you their trash they send me in my email account and have for months. I've never bought a top for $2.49.

I suspect that US sellers are just a source for store fees and promotion fees.

It's always about the fees isn't it? I don't know why eBay just refuses to rip off the band aid and move the company to CHINA. 

Message 8 of 183
latest reply

There are people here who would love to have 200 views on their listings. They are getting 0. So you are being seen, as pointed out. Perhaps its just a slow time, or you need to switch up your listings. Have you checked to see if other things like your items are selling? 

Message 9 of 183
latest reply

Great suggestions above. 

You may also want to take your photos outside in the sunlight. Staged or all white background is also a good ideal. 

Hope things turn up for you. Its rough for many right now. grinning

Message 10 of 183
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@timemachine777 wrote:

One item I just listed has over 200 views and 13 watchers in a few days time in a high buying sub category. What's up with that eBay? Do you have my listings disabled?

And I have not read any reports that the Buy button is broken, so I don't think that this listing has been "disabled".

I have also not read any reports that eBay is putting up warning messages or flashing lights telling buyers not to buy.

So if eBay is "doing something" to this listing, what do you suppose it might be?

Spend some time on the buying and tech issue boards. For every one person that complains there are thousands that don't and/or are tried of talking to a wall. They just hit the back button, and in some cases right off the site and over to another venue. Which is why I stay diversified. 

Message 11 of 183
latest reply

All of the new tricks from ebay is messing up EVERYTHING!

Another thought from another thread is when we get redirected from sold listings, doesn't that count as another false view?

Aren't there bots for that anyway?

I lost sales back in April, and did not make ONE sale in May.

I gave up before the Dark Cloud of June loomed over, and am basically waiting for something to go back the way things were when ebay was at least sputtering for us sellers.

I am not at all impressed with the lousy excuses from any of the board team from ebay.

What profit is there to gain when an American widget sells for $20 and a Chinese widget sells for $2?

Its all about commision for them anyway so whats the difference?

What else are you hiding ebay?

Amazon should be reading the boards for their own enjoyment by now.

You have become a laughing stock for all other platforms.

For the record, NPR listed some of the top online retailers yesterday, (Amazon, Walmart, Target)

Guess who wasn't mentioned...

Bang up job ebay!

I hope your're proud of yourselves.

Message 12 of 183
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide
If you have over 200 views and 13 watchers on an item in a short time, it's not about visibility, it's about price.
Message 13 of 183
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@timemachine777 wrote:

Yep.  I guess I take a different approach.  If I have an item with 200 views and 13 watchers, I don't think there's a problem with eBay .... rather, I think there's something about the listing that is keeping buyers from pulling the trigger.  Typically, I change the price or the shipping, and the item breaks loose and sells.

Message 14 of 183
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:
I feel you TimeMachine. Sales here have been extremely slow for me as well. From 7-12+ a day consistently for years to 1 sale in the last 3.5 days and..300-375 sales a month to 70-100 a month. Getting very odd around here.

Even though I don't sell clothing myself, I track a lot of clothing sellers because you guys tend to carry the same brands, so it's easy to see what's going on between accounts on the surface because I can compare apples to apples. I'm always trying to figure out ( using what I can see ), why one seller is killing it month after month, and year after year, when their counterpart is starving for a sale. With everything equal on the surface, it's what's going on behind the scenes that is the real answer.

Message 15 of 183
latest reply