cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening of 2 ebay accounts

Is it possible to open more than one ebay account? I sell hand painted items but recently I have been cleaning out my late mothers belongings and I was wondering if it would be wise to keep the 2 seperate.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Opening of 2 ebay accounts

Yes. But if one account gets in trouble doing something irregular the other account will be effected as well.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Yes, opening 2 accounts is fine.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I would just focus on the one selling account! It's easier to manage than remembering to check on the other account from time to time.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Yes. But if one account gets in trouble doing something irregular the other account will be effected as well.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Each account will need a separate email address.

If those belongings of your mother's that you want to sell are different from your current items, there is still no reason to open a separate account to sell them.  Many sellers here list and sell a great variety of items.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Oh I'm not worried about any trouble. I am just weighing the pros and cons of junking up my artist site with used items vs. the possibility of used items may bring attention to my art. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

One reason I set up multiple accounts is to feed multiple (then Paypal) bank accounts. One was for stuff I was selling for DH  another for my pension and another for mad money.

Eventually, I changed them all to feed the same account.

If you are the sole heir, no problem.
If you are the executor it would be better to have a separate account and a separate bank account.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@maryndelaware wrote:

Is it possible to open more than one ebay account? I sell hand painted items but recently I have been cleaning out my late mothers belongings and I was wondering if it would be wise to keep the 2 seperate.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have had six selling accounts for a couple years with no issues.

eBay even has a page explaining why you might want multiple accounts.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/identity-policies/multiple-accounts-policy?id=4232

But be aware that creating a new account in order to avoid eBay restrictions / limits / policy consequences is not permitted.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@maryndelaware wrote:

Oh I'm not worried about any trouble. I am just weighing the pros and cons of junking up my artist site with used items vs. the possibility of used items may bring attention to my art. 

@maryndelaware  I've always had the one ID for everything and at one point was selling everything under the sun - car parts, bike parts, clothing, hats, books, old electronics, A/V equipment, and I was surprised at how many people purchased items from the most disparate categories.  Some items (like hats) I would just have to say they were not eligible for combined shipping (delicate vintage hats).  So that's something to consider.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thanks! No, I'm not trying to avoid anything. I just wasn't sure if it would be a turn off to people who are looking for art, to be bombarded with used items for sale. That's all. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@maryndelaware wrote:

Thanks! No, I'm not trying to avoid anything. I just wasn't sure if it would be a turn off to people who are looking for art, to be bombarded with used items for sale. That's all. 

I have multiple selling accounts for a variety of reason, keeping different lines of products seperate is one of the reasons. More free listings is another as is keeping financial matters separate.

Be aware, when you start a new account you will likely to be subject to listing limits and payment holds. Contacting eBay and linking the accounts will often get you an immediate increase in the listing limits and sometimes payment holds as well.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

As far asi know there is no limit to the number of accounts you have. Many years ago (this is from the old Q &A days (there was a user with 27 accounts. Not because she needed 27 but because she had 27 cool names for the accounts. Said she never had problems keeping them straight. I’m much too disorganized to handle that many!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply