cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A selling point to ponder

This afternoon, a thought popped into my mind. Is there a sum total of listings that can not be exceeded on the platform? Certainly it is finite. Google lists 1.7 billion as a recent number. As my computer knowledge is only 1/2 step above a pile of rocks, is it merely a matter of adding more equipment to increase capacity? If so, when does expansion become non-profitable?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

is it merely a matter of adding more equipment to increase capacity?

Yes.

eBay does remove (end as unsold) old stale Fixed Price listings,  it's somewhat random but in the past listings that got no views at all for 16 months may get ended. Since eBay went with all Good Till Cancelled in March 2019 I've had a couple of listings ended by eBay for lack of activity, last time was more than a year ago and some things originally listed in 2019 are still running.

This is done not so much to save server space as to eliminate listings which are just "clutter" for buyers to wade through.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ebay it too big for its britches.

Get rid of the sea of cheap dropshipped junk and the volume would massively decrease, buyers could find GOOD stuff and not just garbage.  Sellers would be happy, buyers would be happy.  Half the stuff listed here you can find at the dollar store or Walmart or Target at a better price.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 3
latest reply