cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One seller with $3.5 million+ value items listed??

How in the world can a seller with only 41 feedback have well over $3 million in merchandise listed? And, of all things, they are 6 Princess Diana Beanie Babies listed from $500k-$650k/each. Doesn't affect me...I'm just curious how this can happen. Bizarre.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: One seller with $3.5 million+ value items listed??

Looks like I'm gonna have to beef up my Paypal account to get in on the action.
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

At least it comes with free shipping.
Message 17 of 34
latest reply

You're so funny!! I noticed that too. Bless his/her heart. A generous spirit. 

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I often wonder how these brand new to Ebay sellers can list Macbooks for $2000 BIN, or even cell phones for $400 or $500. They shouldn't be allowed to list anything that high priced, and certainly not at auction even if they start at 99 cents. Newbies should only be allowed to list BIN for under $50, for their own protection until they get some experience.

But maybe the seller isn't brand new.. only the account.  Maybe you're just seeing a new basic account which has been opened by a long-time, experienced seller here.  My latest little account opened at $50,000 selling limit per month, so while I couldn't list a Beanie Princess at what those were pricing at, I could easily be listings the Macbooks for $2000 and cell phones for $400 or $500 that you used as examples above. 

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

I would be interested in knowing how one gets paid for an item of that price.  I thought the Pal was only good for a 10K payment. 

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

I don't understand where the several hundred thousand dollar prices come from for those things to be honest. The only ones that are showing up sold for those"first edition ghost whatever" diana bears sold for about $500 each, why do sellers believe they're worth 100x more >.>

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

I would be interested in knowing how one gets paid for an item of that price.  I thought the Pal was only good for a 10K payment. 

They now let you pay in multiple payments.

But who would use paypal allow paypal to be used to pay for something at that price anyway?

But who would use paypal allow paypal to be used to pay for something at that price anyway.

Is PayPal seller protection still VOID if multiple payments are accepted for the same listing?  I wouldn't sell anything on ebay that was likely to bring over $100 even if I got it for free. Something is indeed weird about those listings. 

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

But who would use paypal allow paypal to be used to pay for something at that price anyway.

Is PayPal seller protection still VOID if multiple payments are accepted for the same listing?  I wouldn't sell anything on ebay that was likely to bring over $100 even if I got it for free. Something is indeed weird about those listings. 

Good question - I never looked that far, because no way would I list anything like that on here.

OMG I'm a billionaire! Closing up shop and retiring now

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:
Newbies should only be allowed to list BIN for under $50, for their own protection until they get some experience.

There is a wealth of information out there about how to sell on eBay.

Five minutes on Google will get a prospective seller everything he needs.

If a seller can't be bothered, so be it. 

IMHO survival of the fittest actually works pretty well.

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

eBay not only the cheapest place to launder your money  also the easiest need i say more

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

I think it is a hi-jacked account. If you look at the FB it is all from a while ago. There are no sales presently. Some of the items appear to be dupes, which could be done by using pics from different angles. I think someone needs to try to contact the real seller for that ID, not sure how to go about it or I would.

I have some dormant selling accounts, I need to get to them and make sure nothing weird is going on.
Message 28 of 34
latest reply

There may be a lot more of that kind of thing going on than most care to admit.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 29 of 34
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:
I think it is a hi-jacked account. If you look at the FB it is all from a while ago. ...

That makes no sense at all.  As noted in a post above, some of those items have been listed at those prices for 3 years.  He has "beanie" in his user ID! The reason that there's no recent sales or feedback history is because those prices are outrageous so he has no sales.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply