cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One seller with $3.5 million+ value items listed??

How in the world can a seller with only 41 feedback have well over $3 million in merchandise listed? And, of all things, they are 6 Princess Diana Beanie Babies listed from $500k-$650k/each. Doesn't affect me...I'm just curious how this can happen. Bizarre.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: One seller with $3.5 million+ value items listed??

Item 261541425266 has a revision history going back to August 2014.  The last time the price was revised  was February 2016.  

The seller  has been a member since 2012. I don't know much about the history of listing limits, perhaps he had some sort of grandfather clause.  Or perhaps this account is associated with a higher-volume one. One of his other listings has revisions going back to 2013. Apparently these are Good Until Canceled listings that he really doesn't expect to sell.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

What do you think they are worth ?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rare-princess-diana-beanie-baby-worth-100k-116919310325.html

Are they live auctions or regular ebay listings, post a link so people can actually answer your question.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

I love beanie babies..........Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay.  I would give them $3 and my dog would have a nice chew toy.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

@cal_w62 wrote:

What do you think they are worth ?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rare-princess-diana-beanie-baby-worth-100k-116919310325.html

Are they live auctions or regular ebay listings, post a link so people can actually answer your question.

“A ‘first edition’ version of Princess made in Indonesia is worth approximately $47.”  and they think they'll get 100k! Next thing you know the seller will be posting on the boards hollering that Ebay is hiding the listing because they haven't sold it.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

The OP is exaggerating a bit. Here's an item no. 352011213907

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

I have an Indian Head Penny, I think I'm going to list it for half a million, thanks for the idea.......

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

I've checked the listings and there is nothing on the list that is

$500k.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Was there a FREE listing promo I missed??  These reach for the moon types usually appear during FREE listing periods.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

My point was not the (lack of) value of the items, but how someone can have seller limits that high....These are fixed price listings.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Actually, OP was being quite literal. These 6 listings, in semi-round numbers are for:

$502k, $507k, $587k, $609k, $652k, $652k.  I don't know why you guys can't see these listings, but I'll grab item numbers.

And, my question was in regards to his/her selling limits. Just infinitely curious how they got those into the system.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Here are two. There are at least 4 more from the same seller, totaling $3.5 million+, fixed price, with best offer available.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Item 261541425266 has a revision history going back to August 2014.  The last time the price was revised  was February 2016.  

The seller  has been a member since 2012. I don't know much about the history of listing limits, perhaps he had some sort of grandfather clause.  Or perhaps this account is associated with a higher-volume one. One of his other listings has revisions going back to 2013. Apparently these are Good Until Canceled listings that he really doesn't expect to sell.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Aha! Thanks. I suppose that makes sense. But it sure doesn't make sense that eBay would allow such shenanigns, when newer sellers legitimately trying to sell items not of such questionable "value" are held to low limits. I have no complaints regarding my current limits and their willingness to increase them as I have needed. Thank you to all who offered comments, and apologies that I didn't provide the needed information with my initial post. I'm still learning....

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

@dcintennessee wrote:

Aha! Thanks. I suppose that makes sense. But it sure doesn't make sense that eBay would allow such shenanigns, when newer sellers legitimately trying to sell items not of such questionable "value" are held to low limits. I have no complaints regarding my current limits and their willingness to increase them as I have needed. Thank you to all who offered comments, and apologies that I didn't provide the needed information with my initial post. I'm still learning....

You have a legitimate question, though. I often wonder how these brand new to Ebay sellers can list Macbooks for $2000 BIN, or even cell phones for $400 or $500. They shouldn't be allowed to list anything that high priced, and certainly not at auction even if they start at 99 cents. Newbies should only be allowed to list BIN for under $50, for their own protection until they get some experience.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 15 of 34
latest reply