cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of those Too Easily Amused moments

Sold something to someone who works for Amazon.  Using work address as Ship-To.

Mailed it in an eBay branded box.

giggle

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: One of those Too Easily Amused moments

Should have mailed it in a used Amazon box plastered with eBay shipping tape grin
Message 16 of 29
latest reply

I wonder how many thousands of Amazon boxes get re-used by Ebay sellers?

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@gagnon234 wrote:
He might be hung for treason.

"hanged"

"He might be hung" means something completely different.

Smiley SurprisedSmiley EmbarassedSmiley HappySmiley Wink

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Gotta give it to @thatsallfolks

People are hanged.

Clothes and pictures are hung.

- Suzanne -
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

@muttlymob wrote:

Sold something to someone who works for Amazon.  Using work address as Ship-To.

Mailed it in an eBay branded box.

giggle

Did you load it up with eBay stickers, tape and tissue too?

- Suzanne -
Message 20 of 29
latest reply

@thecollegefund wrote:

I wonder how many thousands of Amazon boxes get re-used by Ebay sellers?

Use those Prime ones and you may get faster delivery.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

I know I reuse them! I love getting one of their wasteful shipping boxes! They 2 foot box that brings me my dishwasher soap gives me another box to reuse and lots of the air pillows I use for my own orders.
Message 22 of 29
latest reply

@wamegun wrote:
I know I reuse them! I love getting one of their wasteful shipping boxes! They 2 foot box that brings me my dishwasher soap gives me another box to reuse and lots of the air pillows I use for my own orders.

Those air pillows just seem to float around in the box. I've never opened an Amazon box and found the item fully protected by the pillows.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@wamegun wrote:

Those air pillows just seem to float around in the box. I've never opened an Amazon box and found the item fully protected by the pillows.

I don't get Amazon boxes myself, but the ones I see with not enough air pillows in too big a box are usually not reusable because the boxes get torn or crushed, since they are mostly empty and do not stand up to shipping.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

What a great way to get "free" shipping supplies---order something cheap and small from Amazon and get a bunch of packing material and boxes as a "bonus". Might have to figure out the economics of that!

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@wamegun wrote:

I bought three paperbacks last week that arrived in a huge box with a few air pillows.  A corner on one book had a small bend. I'd never ship anything out like that on eBay, and would expect a comment in feedback about it if I did.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Good job.  best regards

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

I have to say that the most wasteful company to ship is Target. I ordered 4 clip on desk lamps and a set of sheets that was dirt cheap on Prime Day. I got most of the order 2 days later. The boxes lamps we're in another box, in a larger box that was double the size of the enclosed lamps. Lots of bubble wrap and air cushions with some decent sized boxes I know I will use. The sad part about it was that they sent me 4 of the wrong type of lamps so back to my local Target it was. Just got the twin sheets and they were in a box 3-4 times it's size. It drives me nuts at how wasteful some of these companies are but I do try to use their ignorance/laziness to my advantage. Buying boxes is not cheap.
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

>>It drives me nuts at how wasteful some of these companies are

It all comes down to $. Years ago many companies determined that the logistics of specifying, ordering, warehousing, pulling, arranging, and picking 50 different box sizes cost more than a bit higher cost for a larger box and for shipping. Shipping employees don't get brain freeze deciding which box to use, and airpacks are cheap.

Apparently, the appearance* of too large boxes being wasteful in the eyes of buyers doesn't decrease sales enough to offset the other (perceived?) savings.

*Companies pretty much don't seem to care about their image anymore unless something goes viral. They do some minor damage control, do 180's once in a while when they roll something out that should have been tested and wasn't and there is an outcry, but otherwise just assume the public has a 120 second attention span and will forget about a (perceived) outrage in a few days and come back for more. (eBay is a poster child for this)
Message 29 of 29
latest reply