cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-demand payout scheduled maintenance AGAIN at the same time funds would be avail...

"On-demand payout requests to debit cards will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience." - eBay 

Isn't it convenient that they choose to make the system unavailable at the exact same time funds would be available for withdrawal for many sellers???

The first time this happened I was not happy...This time, I'm FURIOUS! !!

I'm actually filing a complaint with CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, a U.S. government agency dedicated to making sure you are treated fairly by banks, lenders and other financial institutions)

eBay can schedule maintenance at any other time (Like 2,3,4AM) and NOT at the exact time funds would be made available for withdrawl. It's NOT RIGHT, it's NOT FAIR, and they need to have some BASIC respect for sellers which they continue to demonstarate that they do not! 

I invite others to also consider filing a complaint, and ask the agency to investigate any unfair, or potentially illeagle practices. CFPB dot gov

Just because they do it, doesn't make it legal!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: On-demand payout scheduled maintenance AGAIN at the same time funds would be avail...

@jeffb2021 

"Isn't it convenient that they choose to make the system unavailable at the exact same time funds would be available for withdrawal for many sellers???"

What???  Ebay is a 24/7 site, with about 2 Billion transactions a day.  Funds are likely available for withdrawal 24 hours a day, not as just certain times of the day.  I'm not sure I get your point.

Maintenance ran in the middle of the night for you and your time zone is not the same as it is for sellers of other time zones.

Like anything thing else, maintenance is needed.  Yes it can delay you from doing what you need to do by a few minutes or hours.  But in a short period of time, the function should be available again for you.

How would that complaint read?  That you don't think Ebay should be able to do maintenance on Managed Payments?  Or just not in any timeframe that affects you?

I get it that money can be very tight for some people.  I've been there many times in my life.  But this isn't something you will come out ahead on, you will just end up frustrated that you get no where.  The site has to do maintenance from time to time and they aren't going to check with you to see if it is a good time for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: On-demand payout scheduled maintenance AGAIN at the same time funds would be avail...

I think if eBay would have notified sellers of the maintenance time and possibly an ETR, it would have put a lot of minds at ease. As we come up on four hours of down time I’m sure it’s more than an inconvenience to many folks.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I don't think eBay is a bank, lender or a financial institution.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@bettish90 wrote:

I think if eBay would have notified sellers of the maintenance time and possibly an ETR, it would have put a lot of minds at ease. As we come up on four hours of down time I’m sure it’s more than an inconvenience to many folks.

Maybe, but Ebay has been around for quite a few years and I don't ever remember them sending out notices of scheduled maintenance.

FYI, Ebay runs a site update at lease once a week on Thursdays and has for years.  

IMHO it just doesn't seem realistic.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

I don't think eBay is a bank, lender or a financial institution.

You are correct, Ebay is not.  Adyen is however.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I’m not understanding why you’re getting all worked up. Today is Sunday, banks are closed, your on demand funds wouldn’t be available in your bank anyway until tomorrow.
I requested an on demand payout this morning.. no issues. If there were I would wait until the maintenance is complete.. 
That being said…I’m not accepting your invitation to complain about site maintenance. Site maintenance is not illegal nor unfair. Site Maintenance is crucial to ensure the website operates smoothly. 
Good luck with CFPB whatever that is. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

That’s incorrect. Mine are available within 30 seconds to use. It’s not ach. It’s instant other than the processing time to virtually add the funds from one account to another. I bank with chase. Not sure if everyone’s is instant like mine. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Oh, well ebay decided to put my funds on a 5 day hold 2x in a row... so 10 consecutive days... then hit me with "On-demand payout requests to debit cards will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@thing-ama-jiggy wrote:

Oh, well ebay decided to put my funds on a 5 day hold 2x in a row... so 10 consecutive days... then hit me with "On-demand payout requests to debit cards will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience."

If they are looking closer for a security issue, that may be why the 2nd hold happened.  That doesn't mean there really is one, just they saw something that they wanted to look closer at.

Delays due to maintenance doesn't last very long.  It may even be back up now.  But it not is should be fine in a few short hours.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Here is the link to Ebay's current system status if that helps you at all.

https://www.ebay.com/sts

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply