cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd dispute question

First time with this oddness for me:

Sold and shipped a plastic model kit (<$30 item).  Shipping through eBay.  Shipped in less than 24 hours, tracking shows delivery.

Customer opened a INR saying the item was stolen.  I entered tracking info that shows delivery.  eBay closed the case in my favor as tracking was clear showing delivery.  Customer opened a dispute with their credit card company.  Dispute was denied as tracking was clear.  

This morning I get a message that the dispute has been reopened as a Not as Described.  His message is the dispute says "Item was stolen on delievery. Item insured by USPS. USPS report made.".  

The only options in the dispute are "provide evidence it was a shown" and "refund and close".  How do I respond to this one?  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Odd dispute question

I had the same thing happen, I sent Ebay a copy of the post office receipt I received when I dropped off the package and a copy of the receipt I get when I printed the label, Ebay ruled in my favor, case closed.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I would contact eBay for Business via Facebook. I've had really good luck with them in the past.

Give them all the details and that the INR case was reopened and the buyer is stating that the 

product was stolen in the notes. 

IMHO, that's their problem, not yours. You did your part and got the product to it's destination.

It's up to the buyer to have a secure place for delivery of packages.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Send a private message.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Unfortunately the banking industry is only too happy to facilitate this type of fraud as credit cards are such an enormous profit generator.  Even Ebay is a minnow in the pool of sharks represented by the triad FIRE sector (Financial, Insurance, Real Estate) the largest organized crime syndicate in the world that will do anything, and I mean anything, to protect their profits and their ruling oligarchs.  At least it is only $30 rather than your very life.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

This morning I get a message that the dispute has been reopened as a Not as Described.  His message is the dispute says "Item was stolen on delievery. Item insured by USPS. USP report made.".  

This one is strange to say the least. As  dentalsales4u  advised and contact eBay via Facebook, call in support is pretty much useless these days. There are seller protections against chargebacks, see the link below, but they are strange in their own right. 

Buyer already lost the initial eBay INR case and the initial CC chargeback. Obviously trying NAD but also stated item was stolen. Common sense would dictate there is no way for them to tell if it was NAD if it was stolen and they never saw it. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I would accept the return, provide a label to send it back (they may find that difficult since they don't have it ) once you receive back a stick or whatever they decide to send you appeal to eBay and show all messages/cases/claims and especially the details of the case you won with the CCCB.

Oh, BBL the  buyer and go here to report a buyer for misusing the Money Back Guarantee. https://spd.ebay.com/RBASellerHub

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I would accept the return, provide a label to send it back (they may find that difficult since they don't have it ) once you receive back a stick or whatever they decide to send you appeal to eBay and show all messages/cases/claims and especially the details of the case you won with the CCCB.

Oh, BBL the  buyer and go here to report a buyer for misusing the Money Back Guarantee. https://spd.ebay.com/RBASellerHub

In addition report it to the buyers local police department, the USPS IG and the FBI cyber crimes division. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Common sense would dictate there is no way for them to tell if it was NAD if it was stolen and they never saw it. 

Yeah, but who/where are we getting any of that from?

Also, since it's a CC chargeback, I don't think you can 'accept' a return now, only include a label in the one long page you need to stitch together to fight the chargeback. And if you do that, they can send back air and the CC company will give the buyer their money back - so that's not a good option.

Also, delivered next day - that's getting harder to fathom. Maybe it really wasn't delivered yet. Maybe the PO can give you more info from their own intranet?