cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now That October Is Over, How Much Were You Down? Worst Month?

A lot of people say October was the worst month this year, I am in that boat. I think eBay would agree, especially after they sent out those $5 off coupons last week.

What about you? Was this the worst month? How much were you down? If not October, which month was your worst? 

I was down 47% last month, by far my worst this year. 

Message 1 of 118
latest reply
117 REPLIES 117

Re: Now That October Is Over, How Much Were You Down? Worst Month?

just a little follow up - he has not donated his salary to charity but rather to government entities that support his agenda - follow the money 

Message 46 of 118
latest reply

"Starting through the major sectors of the economy, consumer spending has been a solid foundation for our economic growth. Consumer spending has increased by 3.9% over the past 12 months, with the most recent four months even better. Disposable income grew even faster, up 4.7%, bringing the savings rate up. This sets the foundation for solid growth in the future. Bill Conerly - leadership strategist ----

Every one of these 'Tax Cuts' was designed for the wealthy, and those who make passive (not from work) income, like stock holders & CEOs who get options, etc. The average worker's buying power has gone down. echo and zip 

Simply not true . It's wrong to use biased guesswork and state it as a fact  .  Tulips "

Typical Republican playbook, that never ends well. Just a few points...

1). Deficit growing at rapid pace, while we are in a supposed economic boom (went up under Obama, but he had to deal with a financial crisis)

2). Trump is easing consumer and environmental protections, which we will pay for down the road.

3) Tax cut largely targeted at wealthy and corporations, little of which was reinvested in economy.

4) Interest rate cuts in a supposed strong economy (not typical). Gives us one less tool to utilize when a recession hits (interest rates will already be at rock bottom).

Trump economy is like someone running up their credit cards to make it look like they are doing well. 

Message 47 of 118
latest reply

@turquoisetulips 

Trump doesn't NEED his Salary...

He's bilking US Taxpayers for all his trips to his Resorts...

Racking up big bills there for Secret Service, etc.

Detouring the Air Force to his Scottish place.

All the while stiffing states for all the money due for his 'Rallies'.

And, refusing to show his 'o' paid... Tax Returns.

Boy... hook line & sinker !

Trump donates his presidential salary . He doesn't keep one dime and he's the very first POTUS in history  to do that .  It would probably be better  if you did a bit of research  before you post  things  like that .  Tulips 

Shipping is not an entitlement, it's a convenience.
Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
All Customers have a need,
Some are more needy than others.
Message 48 of 118
latest reply

I have noticed a huge decline over the past 2 years. I sell decorations for holidays and home goods. I see prices cut for same type of items but it is from sellers from China which I cannot compete with. They somehow establish U.S. mailing addresses or have actually now situated themselves here in bulk. Their prices are rock bottom and with free shipping. Just cannot beat those prices and stay afloat. 

Message 49 of 118
latest reply

#1 - When someone comes up with how much Obama's legacy, the affordable care act, has added to the deficits and debt every year since 2009 then maybe we'll have a better idea of  how much Republican policies have contributed to the deficits.    

#2 -  Many of those consumer and environmental "protections" that were enacted were done so with NO cost/benefit analysis.   So whether easing some of them will make any difference in the long run is debatable.  

#3 - Most middle class and lower income folks did get a tax cut in the form of more weekly take home pay rather than anticipated refunds.   Lower income folks got additional tax credits, and often got refunds of more than they paid.   Saying that only the wealthy and corporations benefited comes from the propaganda the  media and politicians like to bandy about.   Most corporate investment comes from long range planning of 5-10 years which includes the global economic outlook not just the US - so it is doubtful that any meaningful investment would yet be made from tax cuts that didn't take effect until 2018.  

#4 - While I agree with you there from a future perspective - the interest rate cuts have kept the interest on the federal debt lower than it should be as well as mortgage rates.   This is what we will really pay for down the road.

The Trump economy is no different than the Obama or Bush economy because Congress refuses to pass a balanced budget or fund new spending.   Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich were the last ones to make a bipartisan effort to work together on federal finances - we've only had partisan finger pointers playing the blame game since then.  

Message 50 of 118
latest reply

#1 - When someone comes up with how much Obama's legacy, the affordable care act, has added to the deficits and debt every year since 2009 then maybe we'll have a better idea of  how much Republican policies have contributed to the deficits.    

#2 -  Many of those consumer and environmental "protections" that were enacted were done so with NO cost/benefit analysis.   So whether easing some of them will make any difference in the long run is debatable.  

#3 - Most middle class and lower income folks did get a tax cut in the form of more weekly take home pay rather than anticipated refunds.   Lower income folks got additional tax credits, and often got refunds of more than they paid.   Saying that only the wealthy and corporations benefited comes from the propaganda the  media and politicians like to bandy about.   Most corporate investment comes from long range planning of 5-10 years which includes the global economic outlook not just the US - so it is doubtful that any meaningful investment would yet be made from tax cuts that didn't take effect until 2018.  

"#4 - While I agree with you there from a future perspective - the interest rate cuts have kept the interest on the federal debt lower than it should be as well as mortgage rates.   This is what we will really pay for down the road.

The Trump economy is no different than the Obama or Bush economy because Congress refuses to pass a balanced budget or fund new spending.   Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich were the last ones to make a bipartisan effort to work together on federal finances - we've only had partisan finger pointers playing the blame game since then."

It is only my opinion, so please don't take offense, but I just despise Trump. If this is the level of discourse that we will now accept of a President in America, then we are in trouble. I am embarrassed as an American to have him represent me. The man is without morals and is the most divisive President ever. He has also alienated many of our allies, which we will also pay for down the road. I don't care if the U.S. economy were off the charts, I still couldn't accept such behavior from my president. This is my final comment, as this is not supposed to be a political forum. We are all entitled to our opinion, so please be respectful.

Message 51 of 118
latest reply

I'm not disagreeing with you, but there aren't many twenty year old ecomm sites. I would think most of the ecomm growth is because of newer sites gaining ground.

eBay may be experiencing what Sears and JCPenneys are, new competition stacked with a stagnant format and lack of innovation.

Message 52 of 118
latest reply

yes worst of the worst. what is wrong with ebay now??

http://stores.ebay.com/Ironcrosshunter
Ironcrosshunter 's 1/6 Scale Loose Gears And Box Action Figure
Message 53 of 118
latest reply

Yeah, Trump donated his salary as president, but he also saved himself tens of millions of dollars a year in taxes he will no longer have to pay as a result of the GOP's tax scam. He's making money off his own tax cuts, a known fact.

Message 54 of 118
latest reply

That's what they say until you type "instant delivery" into eBay's search.
Message 55 of 118
latest reply

No, I’m very steady. Not high, but I rarely have much listed.

Ebay isn’t a place where you can throw a pile of stuff in the air and see what sticks anymore.

i quite literally curate my listings.

Message 56 of 118
latest reply

We were down too 20 something percent other auction sites are thriving Proxibid..hibid..invaluable..auctionzip..
we are working towards moving to Proxibid
Message 57 of 118
latest reply

Sure, and he name calls and lives on Twitter, would date his daughter if he could, brags about molesting women, ran a fake college, won’t turn over his tax returns like every president since the 80s or so, fails to pay his contractors, can’t fathom the concept of “conflict of interest,” fills his hotels with visiting dignitaries, boosted the credibility of a murderous dictator because he thought he was winning a friend, blabs classified info to the press so his general needs to tell him to stop talking, has rolled us back 20 years or more in terms of environmental protection, hides his white supremacy behind a claim of nationalism, lies and inflates himself on a regular basis, reneges on promises to valuable proven allies, doesn’t bother to read or flagrantly ignores the info material seasoned staffers give him, holds national assets hostage to quid pro deals that benefit him personally, lies, is crass and an embarrassment, and has made our ONCE GREAT NATION AN UTTER LAUGHING STOCK TO THE REST OF THE WORLD...

But, yeah, whatever.

Meanwhile, we may NEVER regain our standing and the respect with which we’ve been held, on the international stage.

My MIL literally believes he’s the anti-Christ.

I used to laugh but now I agree.

There’s no other explanation for why/how people blindly follow him and rationalize every move he makes.

Message 58 of 118
latest reply

You’re claiming Trump is HUMANITARIAN and ALTRUISTIC?!?!?!

I can’t.

Message 59 of 118
latest reply

I've never even heard of any of those sites. How many others have?
Message 60 of 118
latest reply