cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification of seller offers?

I used to get an e-mail from eBay when a seller sent an offer on an item I was watching. That hasn't been the case lately. 

The only way I know there's a pending offer is when I visit the site and see a notification there. I log in daily since I'm also a seller, but what about casual users who check eBay only periodically? I'm sure they are missing offers that go unnoticed and just end up expiring.

I should add that I don't have any restrictions on communication from eBay. So what gives with the lack of notification by e-mail? I used to routinely get the  "Because you showed interest ..." messages. Needless to say, I don't always buy, but you can't accept an offer that you never saw.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Notification of seller offers?

I've never gotten emails......thank goodness, because I would consider them spam........but  do get them via the bell notification.  So I would not say they don't send them.....  But they don't send alot.....and there are (must be) some kind of trips as to which are sent and which aren't......  you may not have crossed the wire to receive them. 

Delicate balance between aggravating people with too many offers (whatever the source) and sending those that a buyer will bite on.....  I would take a wild guess that the more you buy from them, the more you will get....  I've never bought from one and most of mine are for items I'm researching.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply