cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving email notifications from ebay when I sell my items?

Used to get an email from Paypal "You've got cash" but now that ebay is no longer with Paypal, I'm not receiving any notifications.  Found out I sold a coat four days after I sold it cause ebay deposited the $'s into my checking account and sent notification about the deposit.  Checked my sold items manually on ebay and saw that I made a sale.  This is not good.  I've called ebay and they set up a ticket because they state it is a technical issue on their end. Don't want to have to keep going into ebay everyday to check my seller account.  Would prefer to be notified when items sell. Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Not receiving email notifications from ebay when I sell my items?

I am having the same issue, and it took me awhile to find the setting.  Apparently, the "Site Preferences" option is no longer available, which caused further confusion.  Here is where the "Item Sold" notification is now:

1. Hover over your name in the upper left and click "Account settings"

2. Under "Account Preferences" on the right, click "Communication Preferences"

3. Under the "Seller" section, the first option is "Selling Activity"; click "Edit"

4. You should now see an "Items Sold" option; make sure it's turned on

I just changed mine, so I haven't tested it to make sure it actually works.  But based on others' comments, it seems this should do the trick.  Happy selling, everyone!

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Same thing just happened to me. An item was sold and I had no idea. Weekes later I received an email about a customer complaining that she never received the item. I thought this was an error, since I had not sold anything. I was in vacation in South America, so I figure I would call ebay when I come back.

I did. By then the item was already refunded to customer, and I was told that ebay DOES NOT NOTIFY you when a sell is made and I'm responsible for checking my items DAILY! . This was the only Item posted. I had posted it six months ago. This is ridiculous. I wrote the customer to apologize and explain. I was going to send her the item free of but she did not need it anymore.

2 weeks later, ebay posted that I owed them 3.20 for the transaction. (It was a US13 item plus 7.50 shipping.)

I called again. and I was told again that is MY responsibility to check everyday if an item was sold. Who wants an app that does such a poor job??? Unacceptable.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I am having the same problem. All of my notification preferences are on. I checked my email address and it is correct. I used to received notifications of sales, but not anymore. Twice now I've sold something and found out late. In both cases they were books and I upgraded from media to priority mail to pacify the customer, but that cuts my profit, making selling on ebay not really worth it for books. I don't understand why ebay has not fixed this glitch yet. I am an occasional seller. I usually put something up "until sold." With books, this could take months. I rely on the email notifications.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Same problem here. Started about March 28. All my seller notification preferences are on. My email is correct. I too rely on the email notifications since items sell soooo slowly.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I created some listings for the first time in a while a few days ago, and shortly after I was responding to offer emails, but then it turned out an offer was accepted and an item was sold, though no additional email stating as such was sent. The same problem is seen in my message inbox on the website, all of the offer messages are there but no sold or paid messages. I nearly missed the "same business day" handling as a result (which is another matter entirely because why the heck would it revert my previous setting and default to such a short order handling window). This has now happened with my second item listing too, though I had since signed into the app on my phone so I did at least receive an app notification when it sold. I've checked my communication preferences and "item sold" is absolutely checked, so clearly it is broken.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

February 2021 - what is it with these zombie threads

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply