cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Recognized Chargeback Auto Seller Protection.

I've seen some threads that you have to do certain things, Accept or Dispute.

Were people aware that these chargebacks don't ask for ANYTHING. If you did what you are supposed to you just get a message from eBay that you are covered and there is nothing to do.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

If it goes through eBay, you are covered if you have proof of delivery. It's the ones that go through the payment source that will usually go in favor of the buyer if you dispute as well as costing an additional $20.

Message 2 of 51
latest reply

In the past you had to enter the tracking number for payment disputes that were for 'transaction not recognized'.  In the last while, they seem to automatically cover you if you had already  entered the tracking number showing delivery.  Afaik you still have a place to enter information when the dispute is for item not as described.

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

This is what mine look like when finished:

The buyer's payment institution side with the buyer. The good news is that you're protected for this dispute under eBay seller protection policy. We won't deduct the dispute amount from your funds. You're not required to take any action at this time.
Thanks for your patience and for being a part of the eBay community.

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

There is no $20 charge if you win the dispute and as mentioned, you do win it in there is delivery confirmation.

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

Yeah,

But honestly eBay shouldn't ask any questions of the seller if everything has been already submitted to the order.

I heard from other veteran posters that there is still stuff to do for these, however eBay gives you 0 ability to respond, no accept or dispute, and no updating tracking.

Here are a few screens of what you see.

dispute1.pngdispute2.png

Message 6 of 51
latest reply

I heard from other veteran posters that there is still stuff to do for these, however eBay gives you 0 ability to respond, no accept or dispute, and no updating tracking.

@robbie31415 

Yes, we know.  PLEASE don't resurrect that thread again!!!!  LOL.  Especially after the sun goes down.  It was an obnoxious mess. 

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

Sorry, 😞 I thought I'd just bring some updates from what I'm seeing for these.

Chargebacks are very rare for me, so it's hard to see how eBay changes things over the years.

I thought since I finally got one that I haven't had for a long while I'd give some updated information on what you see

BTW, I stopped following that thread so I never saw if they ended up actually providing some screens between the two people. If actual chargeback happened.

Message 8 of 51
latest reply

I just got my first payment dispute today after 24 years on EBay. The transaction was from late Feb. of this year. eBay said I didn’t need to do anything so I am not going to do anything unless asked . I checked the tracking number and item was delivered March 3rd. I did block the buyer and dispute charge was for $8.85 . 🤷

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

Funny thing is I've had many transactions  but in say the last 1,000 I've received 1 INR ebay dispute and 1 not recognized chargeback.

Both are for the same item/model and I've only had 2 of that item.

Message 10 of 51
latest reply

I had a chargeback in December. I input like a 500 word story(which the buyer's bank reads)....and also had to upload "documentation". What documentation I don't know they wanted...I just uploaded a photo of Barbie & Ken during Christmastime in documentation. And I won. And I will never throw that email out from eBay.

Basically, the bank will get back to eBay telling eBay about the outcome of the dispute. And then eBay gets back to the seller.

Message 11 of 51
latest reply

Whether or not the seller needs to take further action probably depends on the type of chargeback (INR, transaction not recognized, INAD) and/or whether prior to the chargeback the buyer had filed a claim through the MBG and didn't prevail in the claim.

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Basically, the bank will get back to eBay telling eBay about the outcome of the dispute. 

No, that's impossible. eBay has no idea who the bank is, let alone has any way to contact the bank.

Instead, either PayPal or Adyen was hit with a chargeback from the buyer's bank

-- so either PayPal or Adyen will get back to eBay telling eBay about the outcome of the dispute.

Message 13 of 51
latest reply

Sorry. I thought I'd just bring some updates from what I'm seeing for these.

@robbie31415 

No need to be sorry.   Those of us that read it, already knew what you confirmed yet again.  I did not mean to spout off at you, LOL, and I do apologize  if you took it that way.  I suppose I needed an eye roll or side eye emoji???? No worries, and your intention is truly understood and appreciated.   

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

No, I didn't take it badly 😛

Honestly, I didn't think I made it that obvious to what I was referring to.

I was sorta surprised you narrowed in on it so fast. 😄

Message 15 of 51
latest reply