cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Received

I shipped a shirt to a buyer August 27th - 46 Days have passed - She just emailed me to say she did not get it - 

I tracked it and the post office still shows it is riding arount the US but not delievered

The USPS won't let me file a claim too long, can't file missing mail past the date

So I am going to refund her money are there any other options?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Not Received

@hdoutlet wrote:

I shipped a shirt to a buyer August 27th - 46 Days have passed - She just emailed me to say she did not get it - 

I tracked it and the post office still shows it is riding arount the US but not delievered

The USPS won't let me file a claim too long, can't file missing mail past the date

So I am going to refund her money are there any other options?

@hdoutlet, I don't understand what you mean by the above.  Go to this link and file a lost package search request: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm   A lot of times when you file a Missing Mail search request it somehow shakes a package loose from where ever it may be stuck.

Message your buyer back, apologize, and say something polite about you wished she would have let you know earlier, but as a result of her message you have already filed a Missing Mail request with USPS.  Ask her if she would be so kind as to hang on just a while longer so that you can get word back from USPS on the parcel's whereabouts.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

they won't let me file a missing mail claim - been too long

she is nice but it has been 46 days it is kinda her fault for not letting me know
just was hoping for another option
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

A buyer with the patience of Job I would say....that's a rarity  I would definitely refund her in this case as both paypal and ebay would surely have done do so by now had she asked them to do so. I have never had any luck over the years with lost package searches.....it is about as helpful as Post office phone numbers...which...most sellers here know go unanswered 99.9999999999% of the time

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If you sent priority you should have 60 days from the day it was mailed to file.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

And go to the USPS site.  Enter the tracking number and ask to be notified  when delivered.  That sometimes shakes packages free.

Patd

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you I did that ......and it won't let me file misssing mail or a claim

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@hdoutlet, how did you mail the package?  What class?  How much was it worth?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

usps priority mail $65.00

I tried to file claim and missing mail and they said the time has expired been too long

I refunded her money she was very nice but she really waited too long to let me know

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@hdoutlet wrote:
they won't let me file a missing mail claim - been too long

she is nice but it has been 46 days it is kinda her fault for not letting me know
just was hoping for another option

On the other hand this buyer was nice and did not jump on you after it was one day late.

So while you are under no obligation to refund her as it is past the 30 days, imo it is the stand up thing to do.

Refund her, she waited long enough.  And then you work with the PO to loosen your package and get it back to you.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply