cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non professional seller

Guys - I only ship 2-3 packages a week so not much at all. currently, I simply print the shipping label on regular A4, size paper, cut the excess, and then use packing tape, which seems a little cumbersome. For someone who does not have big volumes, would you recommend self-adhesive shipping label sleeves to go a little faster or something else? a label printer seems a little overkill for my volume unless there is a cheap one under 30. If so, please recommend a model and maybe I look for a used deal on eBay

thanks

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Non professional seller

If you dont already have one, try a packing tape dispenser that attaches to a table that you can move around easily. Makes it quick and easy. 

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/H-6479/Desktop-Tape-Dispensers/Bench-Tape-Dispenser-3

Posting ID
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Print QR codes to your phone and take it to the post office to print out the label.  Then attach to the package and mail it.  Remember which package and label go together.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@bidderbuzzer 

Happy New Year! I would just print them from my printer.  Since you only sell so much a year, it's really not necessary. You need to keep an eye on your costs as a seller.  You can buy self adhesive labels from AZ.  I got sheets of 100 for less than $10.

Good luck to you and Happy New Year

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Print the label on a big sticker. Avery makes full-sheet and half-sheet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185470197577 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Some very good advice you that I am going to try out. Side question – our shipping labels cheapest on eBay or is it worth trying other websites too and which ones? Ebay seems to have a pretty deep discount on items you sell on that platform

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@bidderbuzzer wrote:

Guys - I only ship 2-3 packages a week so not much at all. currently, I simply print the shipping label on regular A4, size paper, cut the excess, and then use packing tape, which seems a little cumbersome. For someone who does not have big volumes, would you recommend self-adhesive shipping label sleeves to go a little faster or something else? a label printer seems a little overkill for my volume unless there is a cheap one under 30. If so, please recommend a model and maybe I look for a used deal on eBay

thanks

If you are only printing 2 - 3 packages per week your current process is just fine, it only takes an extra 30 seconds to cut and tape a label over printing on a self-adhesive label.

Before I bought a dedicated label printer (thermal) I was doing 10 - 20 labels per day using the cut and tape method.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Printing and voiding shipping labels | eBay

krazzykats_0-1704136926640.png

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@bidderbuzzer 

Yes, eBay probably gives the best price.  Many choose other sites, like Pirateship which is pretty comparable cost wise.  

Happy Selling

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@bidderbuzzer wrote:

Some very good advice you that I am going to try out. Side question – our shipping labels cheapest on eBay or is it worth trying other websites too and which ones? Ebay seems to have a pretty deep discount on items you sell on that platform

You need to search around a bit, Ebay isn't always the cheapest for new items.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

For 2-3 packages a week.................  seriously......................... how big of a deal is it to print on a sheet of paper, cut it, and tape it to a box?  I do that.  If I make an error................ just print another sheet of paper. I reuse paper with a blank back when possible.  No special self stick labels. No special label printer.  No PO with QR code capabilities convenient for me.

Also, I like to print the Online Label Record. Sticky labels wasted for that would be $$

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote: ... I like to print the Online Label Record. Sticky labels wasted for that would be $$

That's a common situation; there are labels printed on a half-sheet so the other half can be used for the record. Here's an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131115293208 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@bidderbuzzer wrote: ... our shipping labels cheapest on eBay or is it worth trying other websites too and which ones? Ebay seems to have a pretty deep discount on items you sell on that platform

Sometimes Pirateship's  Priority rates are lower. And Pirateship offers cubic rates (priority and/or Ground Advantage) which can be a great savings.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@bidderbuzzer ,

You can buy a used thermal label printer on eBay for less than $30.00.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply