cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non paying bidders

Over the years I’ve cut down on selling more and more. There’s almost 0 recourse for the seller when bidders don’t pay. At this point non payment occurs on 9/10 of my auctions. When contacting eBay their only solution is to list items as buy it now. Seriously? This is an auction site. You can’t control the shill bidding so you state don’t use the auction feature?? I’m 100% sure eBay will die off in the next 3 years. I can’t wait for their downfall. 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Non paying bidders

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Same here, gave up auctions in 2009, don't use IPR and have had only 1 non-payer since 2012.

Yep, same. I use BIN but I don't have IPR enabled and I haven't had a non-payer since 2018.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

What would be better, running an auction and not getting paid or list a fixed price with immediate payment required and getting paid?

On the flip side which would be better running an auction and not getting paid or doing a BIN with IPR and having the buyer open a NAD claim once they have received it? 

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

In my opinion, not getting paid, since I would get all my fees back (unless I used PL Expensive)  and would only be out my time (11 days)

while the NAD claim would cost me more time plus return shipping.

OTOH, with a FB sale I get my price for the only bid, and most auctions end with only one bid.

And less than one percent of FP sales end with Claims.

Auctions work for some collectibles, but not for long tail products like mine, nor for mass produced items like most of the stuff offered on eBay.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

What would be better, running an auction and not getting paid or list a fixed price with immediate payment required and getting paid?

On the flip side which would be better running an auction and not getting paid or doing a BIN with IPR and having the buyer open a NAD claim once they have received it? 

Or running an auction and getting paid...and then the buyer opens an NAD claim once they have received it?

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 19 of 19
latest reply