cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-payer

I just had my first non-payer.  Shows her having 100% satisfaction, too.  When I went into her feedback, she has had 19 non-payments within the last month and I didn't go back any further.  How does this equate to 100% satisfaction.  I thought e-Bay was automatically filing complaint for the seller.  What happened to this feature???  Apparently leaving negative comment means nothing to the buyer.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Non-payer

Seems to be a lot of non payers out there lately.  I've had two duds listing the same item twice.  I called ebay to see if the person was real once I accepted the second offer.  Both offers had 0 feedback.  The second time I accepted the offer I was skeptical because the first dud offer was a Washington DC address and the second Dud offer was out of Maryland and that is very close proximity to DC.  The ebay representative said yes, it was a real person who had purchased other items  but had no feedback yet.  He lied  because investigating the address I found the address listed is actually a Catholic Center called Gallagher Center  a Senior Living Center for Aging Care.  The name:  well, I called the number to the Gallagher Center and no one by that name lives there.  So, looks like I will wait the few days and then  cancel.  AGAIN.   HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN.  Simply put;  there is no system in place to prevent scamming.    Someone out there is having fun with the ebay system, probably a youngster because I don't see any benefit from this behavior.   This is just one example of a non-payer.  Ebay does nothing to a person who does not pay.  It is very aggravating to spend the time to list something, sell the item only to find out the person doesn't carry through with paying, then have to wait, then cancel, then relist.  That's just one of the reasons I've moved most of my listing to other sites.  I'm a seasoned 22 year ebay member and have finally become very disgusted with ebay practices.  Sorry to hear your story, feel fortunate that it doesn't happen to you often because you are on your own when that happens.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

To avoid nonpayers, you don't have to flee to other sites: Just list your items in fixed price format, with immediate payment required (and no "Best offer').

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I understand you can do that, and I do have some items listed that way.  The success of listing buy-it-now hasn't been very good for me.  One of the reasons I've moved to other sites is also because of poor results in selling.  Sales are way down.  I'm getting more action from the other sites.    

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply