cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No views, no watchers, but Ebay says "Send Offer"

I've noticed this over the last month.  I have items with zero views and zero watchers, but eBay has the "Send offer" option for these items.  How can I send an offer when nobody has looked at an item?

Has anyone else noticed this or have an explanation?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: No views, no watchers, but Ebay says "Send Offer"

Explanation:

The "send offer" notification that ebay sends is automated.

You're still getting the notification even though your items have no views or watchers.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

So I have items with zero views and zero watchers with no "Send offer" option and then I have items with zero views and zero watchers with the "Send offer" option.  Who is this offer going to if nobody looked at the item?  Also, if what you are saying is true, what is the purpose?  Are "views" not showing up because of some eBay glitch?

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Just offering a possible explanation.

If your items are not getting any views it's because nobody is interested in them -or- it's a ebay glitch.

Most sellers wont admit that nobody is interested in what they are selling and tend to blame a glitch.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I really do not think you are understanding the issue and the items I am referring to were listed in the last day or so.  Take a shot at someone else on this forum.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

It's possible the buyer put it on watch without a view, and the bots captured this.  Then the buyer removed the watch, and the bots didn't care.  To the bots  (Ebay) it's still a live possibility, so you receive "send offer" even though there are now zero views and zero watches.  Isn't that about Ebay's mindset? 🙂 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Well that is a more logical reply than the last one.  I've been receiving offers on items I look at, but not because I've watched/liked/loved and I'm assuming it comes up as a view on the other sellers end?  Or maybe it doesn't?  Thanks for the reply.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@jerzee908 wrote:

Are "views" not showing up because of some eBay glitch?

You asked.

I answered.

Sorry if you felt i was "taking a shot" at you.

I wasn't.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

No, you implied I had no views and that I was blaming a glitch for having undesirable items.  Are you saying there has never been an issue with ebay not showing views on listings?  Because in the 25 years that I have been successfully selling my undesirable items on here, that has been the case MANY times.  If you don't have the answer to a question or can't offer an explanation without taking a shot at someone, skip the question.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Within the last year or two ebay has changed the way views are shown.

They used to include bot views but now only reflect actual views.

Anyone not aware of this may think there was a problem or glitch with views.

Sorry if you don't like my answers/explanations.

I will refrain from adding anything further.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

This answer should of been your first reply and I should of stated that the items I was referring to were just listed in the last few days and not sitting on my page for the last year or so.  Water under the bridge.  Have a good day.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

They are asking why they'd be able to send an offer on an item with no views or watchers. And if there is an issue or glitch to where the watcher is showing on the send offer. I know the " nobody wants ur stuff" is ur go-to answer but use it where it applies. Your not being helpful at all cause they werent complaining about no views or watchers, just trying to understand how an offer can be send when an item has no views or watchers. 

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

U just really don't understand what the oP is asking do you? 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Read their question - If you have a Answer, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

I have no explanation but will start looking at mine closer to see if the same thing his happening. 

A guess would that there is a delay in the views and/or watchers

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Just to give a visual, but I listed this item an hour ago.  No views, 1 watcher, but it says to send an offer.  The second item has no views, no watchers and also says to send an offer.  It doesn't make sense.IMG_5481.PNGIMG_5482.PNG

Message 15 of 23
latest reply