cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales!

I had to down graded from a premium store to a basic store because I can no longer afford it! Where have all the sales gone? I removed 800 listings to go to a basic store! Broke my heart because of all the work that went into listing those items. I am starving for sales. I have revised almost all my listings and still nothing! I have people win auctions and not pay! I am lost here. Any suggestions? I really need to sell to pay my bills. Not sure what to do!!!!! I have a top rated seller status but that means nothing anymore! I dont think my listings are being seen. HELP!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: No Sales!

sometimes is best to start over and even take the pictures again and keep the mindset what if you were buying the item yourself. I have waited days sometimes for the perfect outdoor light to take pictures. A fresh look at your items and keep them down to about a hundred items, and really think and set the price for what you will really take for the item. I know it seems that ebay hides your listings but that is not the case. While your items are always viewable, sometimes ebay may help by showing yours in anothers listing in the band below the item description of anothers listing, while this is helpful it does not guarantee sales, I assure you ebay does not go out of its way to hide anyone's listings. Buyers are fickle, and just the way they see something sometimes just clicks and an impulse buy is made, while other buyers are far more sophisticated and wait and watch an item for week before making an offer. Keep trying, because ebay should just be a hobby for supporting your hobby which is shopping thrift stores and listing the item, it should never be depended on to make anything other than some spare money to buy a few toys for yourself or car parts or just a few bucks to go out on the town. A full on retail store on ebay is possible but involves building your store and brand plus a customer base, some customers will be loyal to a certain point but will avoid you if your prices are too high, anything over 6000 in sales a year will have to be claimed, so staying small is very good, I hope you sell some things and take this in stride because the main thing is to have fun and not make stress, good luck selling!

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

I have sold and dealt in collectibles and vintage for a long time. I took a quick look at some of your items. Sadly, China, Dishes, Porcelain, figurines and the like are dead across the board in the USA in any market. I talked with Paul Royka who used to be on Antiques Roadshow.

He told me a lot of what was hot right now and collectible plates, pottery, dishes, are not worth selling. I have a HUGE collector plate collection here plus hundreds of pieces of rare and vintage china, dishes, serving sets. I contacted resale shops, they do not want it. Thrift stores cannot move it. We can't either. Your prices are way too high for that category. It's pennies on the dollar for ceramics, porcelain, figurines, a lot of collectibles.

Baby boomers are getting rid of their collections, younger people do not collect. Younger people do collect some things, but not dishes. Or stamps, figurines. They do not want costume jewelry. I cannot give jewelry away. I lot it out now to crafters. Gorgeous vintage pieces, no one really wants it and China is pouring millions of pieces of new cheap jewelry into the market and has for years. You might sell a piece or two here and there, and around the holidays a bit may go, but it's not very sellable. And the categories are saturated with everyone trying to dump their stuff. I swear, the only people buying those items from me are resellers who then try to flip it right back on eBay. I sometimes wonder if we are mostly selling to each other a lot of the time! I am waiting to buy something I sold to someone else, lol! Maybe I already have, I buy things in lots to resell. Maybe all the same jewelry and collectibles are going round and around 🙂

Joking aside, it is getting very hard to sell anything. Do know you are not alone, everyone I know who sells on eBay is tearing their hair (if they still have it) out trying to figure out how to stay alive.
Good luck to you.
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

LOL! WE could use her right now!! Sinking ship, sinking ship!
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I sell out of season stuff year round. In fact November to January has historically been my best time of year to sell swimsuits. Compared to others, selling actively the last 5 years is a short time. But based on my selling history, I can tell you I am way down in sales like most others right now. Sales, markdowns, and listing everyday dosn't seem to help. I am also contemplating a downgrade of my store. 

Don't forget about diversifying. After thinking about it and reading all I could on the competitions pros and cons, I took those first steps today. In 3 hours, the handful of things I listed are "saying" they have more views than some supposedly got in a month here.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@ifyouloveit wrote:
I have sold and dealt in collectibles and vintage for a long time. I took a quick look at some of your items. Sadly, China, Dishes, Porcelain, figurines and the like are dead across the board in the USA in any market. I talked with Paul Royka who used to be on Antiques Roadshow.

He told me a lot of what was hot right now and collectible plates, pottery, dishes, are not worth selling. I have a HUGE collector plate collection here plus hundreds of pieces of rare and vintage china, dishes, serving sets. I contacted resale shops, they do not want it. Thrift stores cannot move it. We can't either. Your prices are way too high for that category. It's pennies on the dollar for ceramics, porcelain, figurines, a lot of collectibles.

Baby boomers are getting rid of their collections, younger people do not collect. Younger people do collect some things, but not dishes. Or stamps, figurines. They do not want costume jewelry. I cannot give jewelry away. I lot it out now to crafters. Gorgeous vintage pieces, no one really wants it and China is pouring millions of pieces of new cheap jewelry into the market and has for years. You might sell a piece or two here and there, and around the holidays a bit may go, but it's not very sellable. And the categories are saturated with everyone trying to dump their stuff. I swear, the only people buying those items from me are resellers who then try to flip it right back on eBay. I sometimes wonder if we are mostly selling to each other a lot of the time! I am waiting to buy something I sold to someone else, lol! Maybe I already have, I buy things in lots to resell. Maybe all the same jewelry and collectibles are going round and around 🙂

Joking aside, it is getting very hard to sell anything. Do know you are not alone, everyone I know who sells on eBay is tearing their hair (if they still have it) out trying to figure out how to stay alive.
Good luck to you.

I'm dealing with my dad's estate right now.  He had a large collection of wildlife prints, most signed and numbered, custom frames, some popular names like Terry Redlin.  I looked into auctioning the collection but couldn't find an auction house willling.  I finally let family members take what they wanted and took the rest to the thrift store.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

where do the small sellers go? Facebook is a joke.
Message 21 of 21
latest reply