cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales!

I had to down graded from a premium store to a basic store because I can no longer afford it! Where have all the sales gone? I removed 800 listings to go to a basic store! Broke my heart because of all the work that went into listing those items. I am starving for sales. I have revised almost all my listings and still nothing! I have people win auctions and not pay! I am lost here. Any suggestions? I really need to sell to pay my bills. Not sure what to do!!!!! I have a top rated seller status but that means nothing anymore! I dont think my listings are being seen. HELP!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: No Sales!

My advice is don't put all your eggs in one basket -  IE don't depend on ebay!!

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

As the other poster said - don't put all your eggs in one basket!

Also I sell clothes - jackets and sweaters don't move in the late Spring Summer. I use to be able to sell a few to overseas buyers but with the jump in postage that fell by the wayside.

Also - instead of having your prices so high with a BO. Look at similar items that sold and take a mid point price and put it on your listing as a BIN. Even tho buyers feel free to make offers even when we don't have a BO - if I see what I feel is a high price - I won't throw them an offer because I don't want the seller to think I'm low balling them - and I think a lot of buyers feel the same.

Some people have great luck with BO's - but I don't - I stick to a reasonable price and BIN.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

You're right~many buyers may be reluctant to submit a Best Offer because they don't want to offend the seller if the seller feels the Best Offer is too low.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

JMO but especially with clothes keep your listings current with the season.

Remove the winter clothes and boots and replace it with more seasonal items.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Good evening.  I feel your pain, my friend!  If I didn't sell brand new issues of a Canadian hockey magazine this week, I would have 0 sales in 5 days!  I'm trying to spread my sales around but, don't see much going on online at all.  Some people talking about BOs isn't much help either.  If they are worried they are "low-balling" the seller, don't offer $18 on an item that is listed at $80.  Maybe offer $45?  Do buyers forget all of the fees added on to the sale; including PayPal?  $18 probably = $15 for the seller.  I've posted items that, if new in a box, are selling for $100 US.  I list them for $50-60 Canadian - used.  More than reasonable.  I have items listed with 0 competition & cannot get 1 offer.  Out of MILLIONS of buyers, not 1 person is interested in each individual item??  Maybe if EVERYONE saw the listings, we'd have a better shot at sales.  lol  Stop with the limited views!  Sales for us = $$ for eBay.  Good luck & have a good night.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

In my opinion, the main problem is with the type of buyer Ebay attracts.    While I've had great success pricing my items and getting people to buy at that price, a good many of Offers come in at 50% less than what my BIN price is.  And, that doesn't matter what I list the item for, the offer is going to be 50% less.  Some buyers are just CHEAP.  They Want something of value and pay NOTHING for it.  That's just the nature of the beast of some of these buyers on EBay.   And, that's a reason why after I'm done selling the things I need to let go of, I'm not going to list any more on EBay.

The fact that many want something for nothing (50% of any price the BIN price is) AND that EBay's Return Policies might induce more buyers to Request a Return because of any stupd reason, forcing the seller to pay for return shipping . . . . not to mention PayPal's 180 day return policy that TRUMPS Eby's return policy . .  . it makes little sense to try and compete against other sellers that have cornered the market by having endless inventory that can Make the Market in setting the price for certain items AND offer free returns because of their volume of sales.    EBay is no more the place for a the little guy.....and maybe never was.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

First look at what you have listed and compare it to what you have sold.   Looking at both - I would postulate that not only are you trying to sell a few clothing items out of season - but many of your prices are simply too high for today's market.  Hence, many of the items you have sold have been at best offer prices - not listed price.   Also your items priced over $100 don't seem to sell at all. 

Sure you can try selling on other sites - that works for some - but it is rarely the solution  if you are ovepricing your items.   You have to continually research before listing items - know whether there is a market for each item and what the going market price is.   I constantly change the mix of items I am selling, and I no longer invest in a basic store subscription.  I am selling more using multiple non-store accounts than I did with a store. 

And most important of all, just because an item has sold in the past doesn't mean a like item will sell in the future.  

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Problem is, we're running out of baskets!

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

There are plenty of other sites out there and more popping up everyday but many people have been burned on all the venues and take to the marketplace or local sites where they can view the item first hand before buying.

I also think that many of the items some are offering are more suited as gifts and will probably be more popular once the holiday buying starts in August. Right now - I'm concentrating on vacations and things around the house - painting, planting ect...

Wishing everyone some sales tho!

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@clip2156 wrote:

I had to down graded from a premium store to a basic store because I can no longer afford it! Where have all the sales gone? I removed 800 listings to go to a basic store! Broke my heart because of all the work that went into listing those items. I am starving for sales. I have revised almost all my listings and still nothing! I have people win auctions and not pay! I am lost here. Any suggestions? I really need to sell to pay my bills. Not sure what to do!!!!! I have a top rated seller status but that means nothing anymore! I dont think my listings are being seen. HELP!

So you thought the best course of action would be to have even fewer over-priced and under-wanted listings in saturated categories? Interesting strategy.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Thank you for the insite on my store. I have taken all inputs to heart and will be making some changes.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Hopefully they bring positive results for you, OP.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

I feel you, I am on the same sinking ship. Keep treading water, gotta get better....?

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Hang on.  Hopefully the Carpathia is on the way.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply