cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales Feb 2020

What is going on?  Sales are sure not happening here...Anyone else having this problem?

Its like...ebay is dead!

Message 1 of 237
latest reply
236 REPLIES 236

Re: No Sales Feb 2020

If I had to depend on eBay to help pay for my livelihood I would be in deep trouble. I am fortunate that I worked hard to be able to support myself in retirement with a fixed income. I had hoped that eBay might help supplement the little extras in life, but not so. I had a run in January ($450), and been starving ever since. $450 does not go far in today's economy. I have noticed that eBay has been actively sending out free 200 listings for the last 2 months, but even that did not help except allow me 150 over my free monthly 50..did nothing to improve sales. Of course, the cheerleaders will say it is what you are selling and your prices, but that is NOT the case. I have taken my listings down until 2/17 last day of the 200 free listings after that I may not be here..

Message 31 of 237
latest reply

Once and awhile I get a shock and something sells! Looking for the next shock to happen soon! Please! 

Message 32 of 237
latest reply

Yes, when u call them, they say maybe I should rethink what I sell...bull sh--

My ebay store is more eclectic than anything Ive seen....I pay 60.00 a month for 1000 free listings...so I do not get the offer of more free listings

I think they are so obligated to the ones that are paying more...

I'll end up "OK" this month but nothing terrific

Good luck, hope it gets better for you

Message 33 of 237
latest reply

I got shocked as well...rarely...

I am retired, I do sell on other venues...Face book, Bonanza (not Good) Craigs list for furniture so I guess Id better quit complaining.

Message 34 of 237
latest reply

I have simply quit looking...they just show what they want to.

Message 35 of 237
latest reply

Does elsewhere have a name? bellarane 

Yes it does ,, but e bay frowns on it's sellers promoting other sites  in their forum ..  Tulips 

Message 36 of 237
latest reply

@uniquelyjewellgifts wrote:

I usually keep about 1000 items listed But now I only have about 800 why waste my time. I sell more out of my shop building a week than I sell all month long on eBay...Facebook Market place is also great...even a few things on Craig’s List..(Mostly Furniture)

It sounds like you should be focusing your efforts on the more productive venues. 

Message 37 of 237
latest reply

I'm having the same problem.  All of a sudden I haven't made a sale in 14 days. It's never been this bad; wondering what happened. 

Message 38 of 237
latest reply

Who else is ready for a ZERO holiday after a crummy weekend??!  lol   Could not even fill my car with gas after the pathetic sales over the last 3 days.  Added several quality items over the last week & not 1 of them sold; not even an offer on any.  Not concerned if they are 'in demand.'  I don't have more than 1 of each so, only need ONE buyer for each.  If something gets 80 views within 6 days, it is interesting enough to some & should have a more than decent chance to sell.  Hope they are disappointed when these sell elsewhere while they sat on their wallets.  Did I say that out loud?  😛  lol  Good luck to us all.    🙂

Message 39 of 237
latest reply

eBay should change it's name to deCay because this is what happens to your hopes & dreams of successful earnings for many.  lol

Message 40 of 237
latest reply

Now that's funny!

Lots of people depend on their sales for a supplement to their Income...I'm glad I do not depend on it...

I would starve

Message 41 of 237
latest reply

I have been here since 10/2014...I think they rotate the ebay servers...commonly called "BLACKOUTS"...I have seen this about 50 times...over the past 5+ years...I sold like really good, the last 3 months,...then 2 weeks ago...zilch.
Message 42 of 237
latest reply

I have been here since 10/2014...I think they rotate the ebay servers...commonly called "BLACKOUTS"...I have seen this about 50 times...over the past 5+ years...I sold like really good, the last 3 months,...then 2 weeks ago...zilch. petercrowell - 

A lot of sellers don't believe in the blackouts  because to them it doesn't make sense e bay would do that.  However  I've been here almost as long as you have  and I've seen the same thing happen many many times as well.  Tulips 

Message 43 of 237
latest reply

I bought two cars last week (both around 100 years old).  I'll clean them up, get them running, and put them on BAT.  It would be Ebay except for what I'm going to ask, I would throttled to zero for 6 months if one of them sold.

Message 44 of 237
latest reply

Yes, but a hint would be okay.

I see a lot of people mentioning the big A.

But now they use the name.

Message 45 of 237
latest reply