cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Free Listing the Past 2 Months!

What happened to the free listing offers the past 2 months? I don't have a lot of items so those offers mean a lot to me. I've been waiting to relist but haven't seen an offer since Christmas! ebay needs the money? How about a Bonus for Sellers like employees got?  Just saying!

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: No Free Listing the Past 2 Months!

@chancesarewrote:

I hear you!  I used to get free listings at least once a month, now zero!  This has really impacted my sales.  Dont listen to the negative comments, if they were offered free insertion listings they would use them too!  Its not really free anyway, paying final value fees as well as shipping fees, some items take longer to sell and the insertion fees add up when you are a small seller, any seller really!  You are just asking for some help like you used to get, we used to get.  Everyone needs a boost in sales and the free insertions always help!  eBay doesnt sell anything, we do, we are eBay.  Why they used to give offers and now they dont is beyond me.  My advice is to call, email, and ask what happened to the free insertion offers? I call and ask all the time, some day they will hopefully listen!  I am with you and am hurting for the free insertion offers.   Come on eBay bring back free listing offers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They don't give you offers now because it just clutters up the search results with stuff that will never sell. There's no incentive for sellers to be selective if they can list any old thing for free.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

They give free listing offers to others that clutter up the site and list any old thing for free, why not me? why not to the person who started this thread?  If if was truly random, I would have gotten a free insertion offer by now.

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

@chancesarewrote:

They give free listing offers to others that clutter up the site and list any old thing for free, why not me? why not to the person who started this thread?  If if was truly random, I would have gotten a free insertion offer by now.

It's not "truly random". Companies don't spend their marketing dollars randomly. They would target customers who would be most likely to generate a return on the investment.

So they give the free listings to people who already have good sales, but may be running out of their monthly free allotment.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

That is not true either, I have a listing ID that I have had since the beginning of eBay.  I always run out of my listings (the ones I pay for through a store) and I dont ever get promotional offers for free insertion listings.  Which is something I used to get ALL the time, that is how I built up my store.  I do very well on sales, however most of it goes into listing, relisting, and all the other expenses that goes with having a store, its hard to make a profit.  I guess it is what it is and I have started to move all my items off of this site.  Obviously the small seller doesnt matter anymore, they forget that we have the merchandise, not them.  eBay wouldnt be eBay without us sellers.  More and more sellers are having a difficult time selling here and I believe one of those is no more free insertion offers.  I pay a lot with my store, final value  fees, etc.  the nice little freebies were the one thing that helped along the way, gave a good boost and lifted morale.  It is just not right to give "Random" listings that are not "Random" which of course everyone knows that anyway.   I was letting the first poster know, they are not alone in wishing they had some free lisitng offers.  It does boosts morale and then I feel like lisitng my good stuff.  I could go on and on, but I have board myself with this.  Best wishes and good luck to all!

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

@chancesarewrote:

I pay a lot with my store

So this is just a secondary ID? Store sellers rarely get extra free listings.

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

Yes, my second ID.  I have had a store for many years and then all of a sudden the extra promotional offers were gone. I asked the same question as the first poster, where the heck are all the promotional listing offers. One of the responses was “its random” another response was “get another listing id.” I tried with getting a second ID and the whole process was a long and tedious endeavor. Trying to bring up feedback, even though everyone says it doesn’t matter, it really really does. I started getting a few listing offers and then poof they were gone too. I use this ID to mainly buy, but (try to) sell an extra 50 smalls. Another thing eBay has forgotten is when I sell, I buy. So no I have not purchased anything or sold anything. Like I said, the extra promotional offers were a nice morale booster. Even if I got free listing promotional offers, I’m still paying the FVF and PP fees, shipping fees, it would be nice to get a free insertion offer. Nothing is free in life but a nice boost here and there helps!

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Then eBay should never have started to offer them. 

Flooding people with offers, then offering none is eBay's poor business model, no one else's.

@hotdogger228 wrote:

It really is bad business plan to expect freebies.

Message 37 of 37
latest reply