cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New feedback removal policy

So yesterday I called in to get a negative removed and the anchor CSR told me all feedback removal is done with an online request. Supposedly all requests...at least Anchor Store feedback removals are looked at by a live person and are not determined by bots. 

I was denied one that was from an escalated return found in our favor. So....good luck everybody....you're gonna need it.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Oh, my. I suppose you found this out after your reply to the negative?

What's with, "...why did you even open this item?" Since you wrote it, I'm sure it can't be removed, either. Bummer...

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

What's with, "...why did you even open this item?" Since you wrote it, I'm sure it can't be removed, either. Bummer...

Bummer? Absolutely not. I replied that whether it was staying or not.

Zero feedback idiots with fake returns I do not feel the need to be conciliatory to.

I am not Disney. I do not have to be nice to you.

Why someone would be opening 25 year old collectibles to "give to a baby" for Christmas but rip it open at the beginning of November...destroy the packaging and then return it 100% working without putting new batteries in it is waaaay beyond my pay grade.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Bummer? Absolutely not. I replied that whether it was staying or not.

Zero feedback idiots with fake returns I do not feel the need to be conciliatory to.

I am not Disney. I do not have to be nice to you.

Why someone would be opening 25 year old collectibles to "give to a baby" for Christmas but rip it open at the beginning of November...destroy the packaging and then return it 100% working without putting new batteries in it is waaaay beyond my pay grade.

Fake return, destoryed collectible packaging. We got all our money back...buyer did not.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Why did the buyer even open it?  Maybe his aim was to make sure it worked before giving it as a gift?  

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

@monster-deals 

Got it. Well... let's make lemonade. The box was badly damaged anyway, and you really didn't know if it worked or not. Now, though, with the item's return... you have a working item that you can list and sell as 'Used'.

As to the buyer's actions... they needed to open the box within the 30-day MBG period, no?

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

We got all our money back...buyer did not.

@monster-deals 

As Pee Wee Herman would say, "Lemon-y." 😉

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

I thought feedback was automatically removed on a return if you used the TRS limited protections?

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

needed to open the box 

Oh, I suppose so....

It's a miracle the Furby survived the ferocity...the sheer savagery of that baby at all.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Why did the buyer even open it?  Maybe his aim was to make sure it worked before giving it as a gift?  

They didn't do that...so...no

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I thought feedback was automatically removed on a return if you used the TRS limited protections?

I thought so too....which was why I called back after the case escalated and we won.

Which is also why I am saying good luck to us all now.

TBH we didn't actually use the "protections". The return was late and my assistant accidentally escalated the case...which we would have won on the appeal on since the Furby works...so we didn't go nuts and bolts which is why I am also saying good luck to us all.

Normally a human on the phone can see what went down but now you just have to type it out and someone reads it later without being able to ask you anything.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Fake return, destoryed collectible packaging.

No, it was a real Return if you got your item back.

But is it right to now claim 'collectible packaging' for the waterlogged box which you even refer to as "Box Damaged" in your listing title? In my mind, if a buyer wanted the item in 'collectible' shape, they'd have picked another's listing.

I'm feeling that some new parent somewhere wanted a toy for their kid that they'd played with way back in the day. Why they didn't keep yours (that is working) is quite the puzzler, though.

ETA: Duh... I guess that's the reason to call it a 'fake' Return, since it was working. I'll be danged...

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Not true. You can reply to negative feedback and still have it removed. I don't know where this myth even came from.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

In my mind, if a buyer wanted the item in 'collectible' shape, they'd have picked another's listing.

ETA: Duh... I guess that's the reason to call it a 'fake' Return, since it was working. I'll be danged...

They could have bought a loose one for even cheaper...but chose a sealed one.

...anyhoo let's all try and stay on topic.

Feedback removal has changed and not for the better...for sellers anyway.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

@albany_sellers wrote:

don't know where this myth even came from.

That may or may not still be true. Who knows what elese they did to feedback to sellers detriment.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply