cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New castle de scam?

I haven’t sold anything in a couple of years and just recently had something listed and it sold, 15 minutes after the sale I received a message from someone else not the buyer saying they moved to their sisters house and needs it sent new castle de 19720.

I knew this was suspicious.  Checked the actual buyer that provided a different address out of az. Asked them for confirmation but haven’t received response yet. Is the scammer affiliated with this buyer? Or should I follow through and ship to the ebay confirmed address

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: New castle de scam?

@bradyphoto123 wrote:

I haven’t sold anything in a couple of years and just recently had something listed and it sold, 15 minutes after the sale I received a message from someone else not the buyer saying they moved to their sisters house and needs it sent 8 McCullough dr U07496 new castle de 19720.

I knew this was suspicious.  Checked the actual buyer that provided a different address out of az. Asked them for confirmation but haven’t received response yet. Is the scammer affiliated with this buyer? Or should I follow through and ship to the ebay confirmed address

It's not very likely this person is affiliated with your actual buyer.

There are scammer that watch for things which have just sold and then send this type of message hoping that you will:

a) not notice that it's not from the actual buyer

b) not understand that you should never change the address provided by eBay

Just ship the order to the original buyer at the address provide with the payment, do not engage with the scammer in any way. You can report the scammer if the message you received was sent through the eBay system. (click on the "action" button at the bottom of the message).

If the message was sent directly to you instead of through eBay (not as common) you can forward the email to spoof@ebay.com

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Its a scam.  Call ebay fraud and security and discuss, have them check the emails.  They will most likely recommend cancelling due to address issue, and demand they disable this fraud scammer account.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@bradyphoto123 wrote:

I haven’t sold anything in a couple of years and just recently had something listed and it sold, 15 minutes after the sale I received a message from someone else not the buyer saying they moved to their sisters house and needs it sent 8 McCullough dr U07496 new castle de 19720.

It's not very likely this person is affiliated with your actual buyer.

There are scammer that watch for things which have just sold and then send this type of message hoping that you will:

a) not notice that it's not from the actual buyer

b) not understand that you should never change the address provided by eBay

Just ship the order to the original buyer at the address provide with the payment, do not engage with the scammer in any way. You can report the scammer if the message you received was sent through the eBay system. (click on the "action" button at the bottom of the message).

If the message was sent directly to you instead of through eBay (not as common) you can forward the email to spoof@ebay.com

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Yeah I have a good feeling about the buyer, 10 year old account and positive feedback, I doubt they even know about the scammer

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

You ONLY ship to the address eBay provided.

That is the old but classic package re direction scam.  Scammers send fake messages to many sellers of just ended items saying their address is incorrect in hopes of getting other peoples items for free.

Many of the early scams have been making a comeback on eBay.   Can pole lamps and bell bottom slacks be far off?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@bradyphoto123 wrote:

I haven’t sold anything in a couple of years and just recently had something listed and it sold, 15 minutes after the sale I received a message from someone else not the buyer saying they moved to their sisters house and needs it sent new castle de 19720.

Make sure @bradyphoto123 you report the wannabe thief's message.

reportmessage.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

That particular location has been implicated in numerous fraudulent scams for the past 15 years.  I would never ship there and would cancel the transaction from anyone using that address.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@lightlily_arts wrote:

That particular location has been implicated in numerous fraudulent scams for the past 15 years.  I would never ship there and would cancel the transaction from anyone using that address.

Oxnard has been implicated in numerous fraud scams in the past, I would never buy from a seller there.

See how silly that sounds?

Sure scammers use forwarding companies to evade detection, doers that mean all people who use forwarders are scammers?

Sellers use eBay to sell stolen goods, does that mean all goods sold on eBay are stolen?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Actually, that sounds like a freight forwarder address.

And, for sure, not all buyers who use **bleep** are scammers.

Maybe do more reading.  

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I just got same address buyer claim my fake item  this lip inexpensive 3 for $13.39 .I can prove my item it Authentic and I got threaten on will be give me negative feedback . I just curious and check buyer profile and address this address it show a lot on scammer on ebay and the other site report scammer  it pop up beware  this address .   

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

510 carroll dr, ste 2108684 new castle, de 19720-4871

Belongs to a Russian Shipping and mailing company called ProstoBox

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Its a scam.  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply