cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Reply to Feedback ... ANOTHER FAIL!

I reply to all Feedback and this morning when I went to do that a New Reply to FB function appeared ... without warning of and without explanation of course.  AND ALL MY PRE-TYPED REPLIES ARE GONE!!!!!

Why don't these people spend their time fixing things that are actually broken instead of complicating things that are already working?  I typed in the first letter of one of my canned replies and All my pre-typed Replies are gone and I hope I don't find out as I type new ones they are NOT retained and that I have to type a message every single time.  This is so aggravating ...

Screenshot (2443).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I received an email from ebay UK about this feedback change, so you didn't get an email from ebay.com?

All my pre-typed comments are gone though..

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

fixing things that aren't broken is SOP for the programming team...

you've been around ebay for a while... i'd think you'd be used to it by now...

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

And not only that...  I replied and later went into Solds and the items was still there with no response.

Guess it is too hard or too much work to fix broken items.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

(facepalm emoji here) Thanks for heads up, Mr. Lincoln. There MUST BE "some" type of gain for Ebay to not

allow sellers the opportunity to use their own personal feedback options.  Do buyers also get to choose from a

preset list of feedback choices?

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@*smedley* wrote:

@*smedley*    LOL, I've been around long enough to know that the programming changes and page layouts changes are like a game of Whac a Mole ... knowing some new issue will pop up from anywhere.  I am just not used to 2nd rate programmers, who are not users, making poor changes and not carrying features forward that were saving time previously.  Its now 2021 so there is really no excuse, other than ignorance, to design a program change that actually creates MORE WORK.

whac-a-mole.jpg

Regards,
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@rockz1101 wrote:

(facepalm emoji here) Thanks for heads up, Mr. Lincoln. There MUST BE "some" type of gain for Ebay to not

allow sellers the opportunity to use their own personal feedback options.  Do buyers also get to choose from a

preset list of feedback choices?

@rockz1101   You are more than welcome ... just one more thing to post on the Weekly Chat so the eBay Support Team can send the comments on to the department that handles that ... send the comments on to the department that handles that ... send the comments on to the department that handles that ... send the comments on to the department that handles that ... 

Regards,
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

I received an email from ebay UK about this feedback change, so you didn't get an email from ebay.com?

All my pre-typed comments are gone though..

@*madison   Nothing in eBay messaging about it, THAT is where it should be sent.  Yes, ALL my pre-typed messages are gone AND the new ones are NOT being retained ...

Regards,
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@*smedley* wrote:

As are breaking things that aren't broken ....

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I've seen that FB popup before. It usually only comes up when you go to leave FB from the item page.

Then after that one it comes up with the Leave more FB? link which takes you to usual FB page, which btw they still can't sort in date purchased order.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Why don't these people spend their time fixing things that are actually broken instead of complicating things that are already working?

Right, another question would be why don't these people who are suppose to fix the broken things, don't and complicate selling on ebay even more? For instance, since Jan 18th almost every purchase I've made for shipping label for USPS Media Mail has not delivered me a receipt as the system is suppose to to my normal email. I've called 6x now and reported it, keep telling me "nothing we can do cause there is a case already open for tech support on your account about it...they are "working" on it"... so ebay is telling me that it takes tech support 2 weeks to look into this and fix the issue??? In the mean time, I'm still not getting receipts for media mail purchases, the majority of my sales and there is no way to download shipping label expenses you paid through any report, or even monthly invoice on ebay. I pay for shipping ("free" shipping) this is huge business expense that deducts from my gross end of the year, I need those receipts! So ebay then shows me they now have section in Managed Payments just for shipping labels... but again, no way to download the info - no option for it - no print friendly option either to simply print and safe just the info (not the entire webpage) as pdf.

Bottom line of the story is, the people responsible for the creation of the site, seller hub etc.. are pretty much bottom line morons. Everything they touch they mess up, everything they "fix" gets worse, everything they implement don't work... example #2 still - almost a year now, no notifications on community posts, almost 6 months now takes 15 min to log in (when you never logged out or are already logged into ebay)... just as example - they fix nothing because they don't know how. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Its now 2021 so there is really no excuse, other than ignorance, to design a program change that actually creates MORE WORK.

ab. so. freaking. lutely...

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

for many years now, change for the sake of change and many changes so very unnecessary, plus the fact a 5th grader has more tech knowledge than any tech hired by &/or working for eBay.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@ronsam-197 wrote:

I've seen that FB popup before. It usually only comes up when you go to leave FB from the item page.

Then after that one it comes up with the Leave more FB? link which takes you to usual FB page, which btw they still can't sort in date purchased order.

I've never seen that pop up before, it just showed up ... the old link to Reply to FB is GONE from the Feedback History page (pic below) ... THAT is where I usually go to reply to FB.  Leaving FB for Buyers is still the same but you know whats going to happen!?!  The programmers will be all giddy knowing they **bleep**ed the Sellers off again with another one of their stupid modifications and are just counting the minutes when they can do it again on the main FB page that Sellers use to leave it for Buyers ... sorry, but this just gets so old ...

Regards,
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

I reply to all Feedback and this morning when I went to do that a New Reply to FB function appeared ... without warning of and without explanation of course.  AND ALL MY PRE-TYPED REPLIES ARE GONE!!!!!

Just a guess, but the most likely reason that you're not able to recall stored replies is because the internal form field name in this new revision is not the same as the old one you're used to using, and thus the system doesn't (yet) have any previous replies associated with it. 

I did see in later posts here that the replies don't seem to be getting saved for this new field, but that would be a separate complaint to make.

This complaint is not all that unusual, really, especially in cases like eBay's where it does not appear that revisions to existing pages are being made by the same people who coded them in the first place.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply