cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Policy starting on 11.12.2023 Bad Buyer Experience why all this?

Dear eBay seller,

Starting from December 11, 2023, eBay will launch a new service standard policy i.e., Bad Buyer Experience (“BBE”) Rate. We request you to please visit the policy page for the detailed information.

The sellers whose BBE rate is much higher than the peer market average may be subject to a range of actions including, but not limited to, administratively ending or removing listings, adjusting selling limits, holding the payment, enforcing buying or selling restrictions, or suspending the relevant accounts.

Your account will be evaluated each Wednesday. Once the policy is launched, the sellers are requested to refer their Seller Dashboard to check the performance of their respective sellers account.

Thanks,

eBay

What is point of this new policies? If seller have more than 99% positive feedback why all this? If buyer love seller why some metric needed to decide for selling limits or restrictions.

By the way I am 10 years here, have last 3 months restriction because INR rate on USA and Canada because post was late in post strike last year. Even should be protected by policy in this cases ebay teammates in 90% dont even know to look tracking, I need to appeal 2-3 times and to explain where to click, they dont know their own policies, so why all this?

Message 1 of 93
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello all, 

Please visit this post for clarification on the Bad Buyer Experience policy. We hear your concerns, and we hope this clarification on the topic reduces any confusion.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 86 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

And again, yet another unnecessarily adversarial and punitive seller policy from Ebay.

Where is the equivalent policy for Bad/Scam Buyers?  None.  Validated.

Message 2 of 93
latest reply

Did this come to you through eBay messages or to your personal email?

Was it addressed simply

"Dear eBay seller"

and/or did it include your user name?

I ask because the link "policy page" is

https://deref-mail.com/mail/client/aVtzz0l-6QM/dereferrer/?redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2FESONLINE-zcmp.m...

That is NOT an eBay link.

Did you click the link and did it ask for a sign in?

Forward the email to spoof@ebay.com

Looks phony

Message 3 of 93
latest reply

@richard1rst 

I think the link is strange because it is a redirect copied from an email. I believe that this is the direct link to the new policy mentioned, on eBay:

https://export.ebay.com/en/regulations/ebay-policies/bber/

Since this is on export.ebay.com, I believe it applies to sellers who are not based in the USA. This policy is similar to the policy with the same name that was rolled out for Southeast Asian sellers (I believe) earlier this year, in July I think.

Although the policy says that it applies beginning Dec 11, 2023, the first evaluation date is Wed. Dec 13, 2023. The policy says that this evaluation covers transactions from Sept 10 to Dec 2, 2023. So it is really retroactive, going back to September.

"Evaluation window: 12 weeks period commencing on the last Saturday before the last week of the evaluation date. For example, where the evaluation date is Wednesday, 13th December, we will review all your transactions during the period commencing Sunday, 10th September, and ending Saturday, 2nd December."

Message 4 of 93
latest reply

Keeps worsening. 

Message 5 of 93
latest reply

Instead of taking responsability and fix all their mistakes the prefer to keep creating anti seller policies.

Message 6 of 93
latest reply

@rugerskick wrote:

And again, yet another unnecessarily adversarial and punitive seller policy from Ebay.

eBay already sets selling limits, restricts sellers, and suspends sellers based on their perception of bad buyer experience. Sellers come to this board every days to complain about being suspended and restricted and ask why it has happened. 

Now it appears that eBay might be taking steps to make the metrics they use more transparent to sellers and give them a heads up about where they stand.  

Isn't this exactly what many sellers have been ASKING for? 

Message 7 of 93
latest reply

@comicscauldron wrote:

Instead of taking responsability and fix all their mistakes the prefer to keep creating anti seller policies.

Yes, it's easier.

Message 8 of 93
latest reply

I'm starting to think that eBay is really doing some things wrong. These are things that worry sellers. They're being very oppressive

Message 9 of 93
latest reply

@banknotes_nikolatesla 

December 11, 2023?  I think this policy has been implemented for sometime now.  As @lacemaker3 posted, it appears to be focused on international sellers outside of the US, perhaps the many who are drop shipping or drop shipping from retailers.  Customers are not receiving their items due to the fact these sellers do not have their inventory in their possession, so they really don't know if the items have been shipped or not from what ever warehouse they are sourcing. 

I agree, this message sounds fishy to me.  Please be careful.

Happy Selling. 

Message 10 of 93
latest reply

@ckimodog 

There was a "new" item not received policy was implemented for Southeast Asian sellers in July, yes. It may be more accurate to say it applies for sellers selling to the USA/Europe from other regions, since it is on export.ebay.com. It went into effect July 24, 2023, but it also seemed to be retroactive for the previous 45 days before the evaluations, which are every 2nd Monday in this case.

https://export.ebay.com/en/regulations/ebay-policies/shipping-performance-policy-item-not-received-r...

Since that time, some sellers were also being contacted with eBay messages mentioning bad buyer experience. That may have been done as a warning for sellers who were likely to be affected by the upcoming policy. 

It looks as though this bad buyer experience policy has only just been formalized and published, on export.ebay.com like the earlier policy. The policy page does say that it is going into effect Dec 11, 2023, but it is retroactive for 3 months before the first evaluation date. That will be Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2023, so it covers transactions back to Sept. 10, 2023, as I quoted earlier. Evaluations are to be every Wednesday.

https://export.ebay.com/en/regulations/ebay-policies/bber/

Message 11 of 93
latest reply

well, if they are going to have a BBE (Bad Buyer Experience) rate, then they should also be fair and frank and have a BPE rate (Bad Platform Experience)... I bet a BPE rate would be way higher then any sellers BBE rate!

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 12 of 93
latest reply

@comicscauldron wrote:

appears that this is aimed at creating a "more positive buyer experience" for international purchases.

Buyers are the foundation of eBay's existence. As they leave, the platform crumbles.

Message 13 of 93
latest reply

self-deleted

-

Message 14 of 93
latest reply

According to an answer to an old thread eBay export is for European sellers. Here's a link if you want to see the thread: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/What-exactly-is-eBay-Export/td-p/32925998#:~:text=eBay%20Expor....

Message 15 of 93
latest reply