cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never Knew this

Woke up a couple days ago with a negative.The lady was from France.I sold her a very expensive swimsuit.I had dropped the price very low.She made me a offer that was so low i did not even answer.So she gave me a negative for not answering her offer. I have never heard of this.I called two reps and they said she could do this and will not remove her neg.I have been on ebay for a long time with no negatives.Please tell me if this is what can happen just for not answering an offer.

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: Never Knew this

ETA... mis-read the response.

Message 46 of 60
latest reply

Replies to feedback are intended for future buyers. They should comfort a potential customer. Yours doesn't. I agree with some others. Next time think about how you will appear to future potential buyers instead of retaliating or trying to make a joke at your buyer's expense.

Given that the person bought from you and can cause you potential problems down the road, it seems a little short sighted and unprofessional to antagonize them.

Message 47 of 60
latest reply

Exactly Right.

Message 48 of 60
latest reply

My solution to those insultingly low offers?  I block those bidders immediately.  Who needs it?  They're the ones who are never satisfied to begin with and generally cause all kinds of trouble.  So now I just block them and save myself all sorts of irritation!!!!

Message 49 of 60
latest reply

@jason_incognito wrote:

No and no.

ignoring someone is just plain rude. Raising the price after they place an offer should be penalized.

I'm certain that if it became the norm, eBay would ban it.

But an offer is only an offer, not a purchase. The item still belongs to the seller, so the seller can do what they want with it.  I've ignored tons of offers, so I suppose that makes me very rude in some folks opinion, but not in my opinion. And only my opinion matters to me.

And I doubt ebay would ban sellers from raising the price after an offer has been made. Higher price = higher fees for ebay.  Yeehaw!

Message 50 of 60
latest reply

@jason_incognito wrote:

No and no.

ignoring someone is just plain rude. Raising the price after they place an offer should be penalized.

I'm certain that if it became the norm, eBay would ban it.

Why? It's ONLY an offer. An offer is NOT an sales agreement.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 51 of 60
latest reply

It is bad customer service.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 52 of 60
latest reply

If you say so
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 53 of 60
latest reply

@jason_incognito wrote:

You've said that it is rude to ignore a buyer's low offer, yet eBay has a tool to do just that.  Sellers can set it so that they don't even see a lowball offer and therefore eBay (in your mind) is encouraging rudeness towards these low ballers.  

You've said it is bad customer service for sellers to raise the price of an item when a buyer has made a low ball offer when in fact it may just be a case of good business and have little to do with a buyer's low ball offer.  Many times a seller will list items at a lower price but as the supply and demand for that item changes, the seller may increase or decrease the price of the item.  So if a low ball offer buyer brings attention to an item otherwise not in the forefront might a seller not see that the value of the item has changed?  Are you proposing that once a buyer expresses interest in an item that the seller NEVER raise the price just in case that buyer decides to come back and purchase the item?

Years ago I posted a repeatable item here on eBay.  Some time later I posted the same item on another venue at the prevailing price having forgotten about the price on eBay.  A buyer purchased the one on the other venue at a higher price.  A few days later (after the item was shipped), the buyer contacted me and said that if I didn't refund the difference they were going to return the item stating not as described and buy the other one, obviously they didn't realize I was the OWNER of both items.  When I clicked on the link they had provided, I was shocked that I would have ever listed the item for that price and immediately raised the price to the same level as the one on the other venue.  I let the buyer know they were welcome to return the item but intentionally lying about the reason would not be a good idea.  Once the buyer realized what had happened, they were furious.  The fact is that I didn't raise the price to "play games" with the buyer, but because the one on eBay was listed too low.  You may see poor customer service, I see a self entitled buyer.

Message 54 of 60
latest reply

BTW, as angry as the buyer was, she did not return the item or leave me a negative review.  Why?  because it was a good value even at the higher price and I was the only one who carried it.

Message 55 of 60
latest reply

****************************** GENERAL RESPONSE ********************************

HURRAY!  While the OP hasn't come back, I noticed that the negative FB has been removed from her FB.  I personally think that was a great call on Ebay's part and I'm happy for the OP.

I do hope the OP comes back to update us.  

Congratulations.  You deserved to have that neg removed.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 56 of 60
latest reply

@jason_incognito wrote:

It is likely not a customer you want.  As is evidenced by what happened to the OP.  The mistake the OP made was to not put them on their BBL when they got such a ridiculous offer.

And what about how rude it was of the buyer to extend such a ridiculous and insulting offer.  Where is the buyer's responsibility in all this?  They do have some.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 57 of 60
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

****************************** GENERAL RESPONSE ********************************

HURRAY!  While the OP hasn't come back, I noticed that the negative FB has been removed from her FB.  I personally think that was a great call on Ebay's part and I'm happy for the OP.

I do hope the OP comes back to update us.  

Congratulations.  You deserved to have that neg removed.

WOO HOO, YIPPEE, HALLALUHAH, CONGRATS, HURRAY.

So happy for the OP 

Message 58 of 60
latest reply

Yea .After calling about 3-4 reps i finally got this removed.The rep told me no way was they supposed to be able to give me a neg just because i did not accept their 

Offer.Just keep on trying and you might find one who knows what they are doing.

Message 59 of 60
latest reply

I knew ebay would remove the neg if you were persistent because it was really a malicious neg which is against policy.

Message 60 of 60
latest reply