cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never Knew this

Woke up a couple days ago with a negative.The lady was from France.I sold her a very expensive swimsuit.I had dropped the price very low.She made me a offer that was so low i did not even answer.So she gave me a negative for not answering her offer. I have never heard of this.I called two reps and they said she could do this and will not remove her neg.I have been on ebay for a long time with no negatives.Please tell me if this is what can happen just for not answering an offer.

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Never Knew this

The buyer was able to leave a negative because the item sold, not because of whatever happened with an offer.   Are you saying they offered you less after purchasing?  Did you cancel?

Message 2 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

No i did not do anything.The negative had nothing to do with because it sold.She just went ahead and bought the suit at the price i had on best offer.Read her negative it states because i did not answer her low ball offer.

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

I understand what it says, but I just mean the negative was possible since it sold.  I didn't mean it should is a valid reason to get one.  Did you go ahead and ship the item?   

Message 4 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

Yes i shipped the item the same day.Her response did not say anything about the suit she just said i did not accept her offer then i changed the price on the suit.Well i thought i had the right to price my item at what i want to.

Message 5 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

I agree that's a crazy and unfair reason to get a negative, but I don't know if crazy and unfair is enough to get to removed.  Others are better versed on that subject and might be able to help.

Message 6 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

You responded appropriately.  The one neg with the humorous response will not hurt you.  Just laugh it off.  We have all had such silly negs at some point.

Message 7 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

As a buyer, I read the feedback a seller has received (and the feedback they've left for others, just in case) before I make any purchase.

I'd totally buy something from you.
Message 8 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

@pennysue1234swimwear wrote:

Woke up a couple days ago with a negative.The lady was from France.I sold her a very expensive swimsuit.I had dropped the price very low.She made me a offer that was so low i did not even answer.So she gave me a negative for not answering her offer. I have never heard of this.I called two reps and they said she could do this and will not remove her neg.I have been on ebay for a long time with no negatives.Please tell me if this is what can happen just for not answering an offer.

The buyer was being ridiculous . Sellers don't have to reply to low ball offers . The feedback is supposed to be about the quality of the item  and   the customer service  provided . I'd probably leave a polite response under her silly feedback  highlighting those facts .  Tulips 

Message 9 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

Same here. Most always have a prob buyer or two. I dont even pay attention to 1-2 negs when buying or even read what they say. If they have 7 feedback and 3 are negs, different story. Id buy from you no prob with that one dumb neg.
Message 10 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

OP, I would try with c-s again.  

Your grounds for removal would be buyer "demanding additional items or services outside of what is contained in the listing". 

Message 11 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

The item sold. Your response is not professional. You don't have the right to change the price after it sells just like the buyer doesn't have the right to ask for a lower price after the sale.
Message 12 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

@pennysue1234swimwear wrote:

No i did not do anything.The negative had nothing to do with because it sold.She just went ahead and bought the suit at the price i had on best offer.Read her negative it states because i did not answer her low ball offer.

And this is exactly the reason why I block the lowballers.

Message 13 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

@gr-2634 wrote:
The item sold. Your response is not professional. You don't have the right to change the price after it sells just like the buyer doesn't have the right to ask for a lower price after the sale.

That is not what happened.  The OP changed the price after the buyer made an offer, to which the OP did not respond, but before the buyer bought the item. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 14 of 60
latest reply

Never Knew this

I too would call eBay again to ask to have it removed.

Message 15 of 60
latest reply