cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedback frombuyer

Sold an item new with tags. Buyer soon emailed that she just didn’t like the fit. Asked to return. I replied about my no return  policy except for errors. She waited 42 days and said the item reeked of perfume. I refused agin to return. Scheduled a negative feedback. eBay refused to help me even though they can see she just changed her mind.  Can I do anything else?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If it doesn't violate any policy, they won't remove it.

Sometimes is better to accept returns.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@bamafan1215 wrote:

Sold an item new with tags. Buyer soon emailed that she just didn’t like the fit. Asked to return. I replied about my no return  policy except for errors. She waited 42 days and said the item reeked of perfume. I refused agin to return. Scheduled a negative feedback. eBay refused to help me even though they can see she just changed her mind.  Can I do anything else?

Learn the lesson that when a buyer asks for a return it is cost effective to just accept it. Savy buyers know that "no returns" is meaningless. All they have to do is make up a reason (defective or not as described , for example) and you will be forced to take it back. Yes, it is unfair but it is the way it is. Accept that or accept negative feed backs. Your choice.,

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If you offered a return policy it would cover the fit issue and you can specify the buyer is to pay the return postage.  That would help to avoid the problem and the bad feedback.  I know of nothing much you can do now.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

That’s what I thought. I guess 22 years with NO negative feedback was a great run!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@bamafan1215 

Sorry for your situation. You could have avoided the negative by just accepting the return.  All buyers are covered by the MBG.  No returns does not mean no refunds.  I would change your return policy if it were me.  Just a suggestion.  Again, sorry for your frustration. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply