cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedback as a product review

I recently recieved a negative "cheap made". Requested to have it removed because it's of a product review instead of a feedback based on seller performance.  The request has been denied the first time and again after I called. This particular buyer never reached out to say they were unhappy and it had been 30 days since they bought the item. I don't understand how this particular situation has become problematic to resolve. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

have you reached out to the buyer to explain that it is "a product review" that they left, and how it harms your account to see if they would consider a revision?

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Not yet. I suppose that would be the next step. Although,  they were once a seller themselves and should already know. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

The issue is:

a.) it's their opinion

b.) YOU are selling it so it does reflect solely on you

Therefore, that Neg will never go away. 

Use it as a sign to stop selling that item if Negs are an issue. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

269 sold

1 neg "product review"

"Item" seems to be OK. 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@ga_open_box_llc 

Your best bet would be a highly professional response to the feedback with no accusatory remarks.

My Leviton experience. (Not suggesting this for a response)

I do know that Leviton provides high quality products that are commercial grade products. My son's company bids quite a few Leviton products in their quotes.

(I sell quite a bit of Leviton myself)

Posting ID
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

269 sold

1 neg "product review"

"Item" seems to be OK. 

again..it's their 'opinion' so the Neg will stand. I know construction and Leviton and there really is not another 'good' brand out there, but it IS Plastic and if the Buyer feels it's 'cheaply made'; there is NOTHING the OP can do about it. 

So, like I stated, either live with it (and if it's only 1 of 289, who cares?) or stop selling. 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Leviton products overall are great quality.  It is kinda weird to have 1 out of almost 300 sold to be considered "cheap made".  I don't know. I may just sit on for awhile to chill out for a bit. Could be they tried installing the item and it broke somehow during install  and just didn't bother with asking for a replacement or help, just straight to negative feedback. 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

269 sold

1 neg "product review"

"Item" seems to be OK. 

again..it's their 'opinion' so the Neg will stand. I know construction and Leviton and there really is not another 'good' brand out there, but it IS Plastic and if the Buyer feels it's 'cheaply made'; there is NOTHING the OP can do about it. 

So, like I stated, either live with it (and if it's only 1 of 289, who cares?) or stop selling. 

I make no claim about the neg "standing/not standing".

Not disputing that the buyer has the "option" to leave the feedback, just sort of pointing out that the buyer is a numpty, just as any buyer that claimed your products were inferior would be classified a numpty, and again it is a "product review", and not "seller feedback".

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@ga_open_box_llc wrote:

Leviton products overall are great quality.  It is kinda weird to have 1 out of almost 300 sold to be considered "cheap made".  I don't know. I may just sit on for awhile to chill out for a bit. Could be they tried installing the item and it broke somehow during install  and just didn't bother with asking for a replacement or help, just straight to negative feedback. 

Great idea, because you can turn that negative into a positive with a highly professional response. 

Posting ID
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

When I see a feedback appear late like that, I guess they got one of the annoying feedback reminders ebay likes to send out.  Since you didn't have a return policy, maybe it triggered the negative because they just didn't like it and didn't think they could return.

You might reach out to offer taking it back and then later on, send a feedback revision if too much time hasn't passed.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Yes, this is a possibility. I'll most likely deal with this later on today after I've collected myself and no be in risk in saying something hasty. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Your feedback is fine and the one neg is not worth spending any time dealing with it or getting aggravated over it.  I too just received my first neg in years that was focused on the quality of a sealed vintage product.  I just ignored it and let the other positive feedback speak for me.  There is also no need to respond to such feedback.  Just move on with a smile on your face, especially if you get to keep the money.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

IMO

If a seller posts nothing, then potential buyers may perceive the silence as an indication that the seller doesn't care or there maybe some truth to the feedback.

Some suggestions for follow up feedback:

"I'm very sorry you encountered issues with ------. I would have gladly accepted a return for a full refund but you never contacted me or requested a return."

"I am sorry to read that you're not happy with the -----. Would you mind reaching out to me with more details about the situation? If you would like to return the ------ product please contact me so I can assist you."

"Buyer never reached out regarding any issues prior to leaving feedback. We would have been happy to discuss and work on a resolution."

d

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I've had product review negative feedback removed before.

I would keep trying until you get the "right" CS person.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 15 of 18
latest reply