cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback After Case Resolution

i recently received negative feedback from buyer.  i sold him an item he stated was not authenic - i thought it was.  at first he refused to return the item - then i stated the eBay return policy to him.  he finally did return it - then i gave him a 100% full refund.  he then refused to revise the negative fb even though he had promised to change it.

i reported him to eBay - is there anything else i can do to get the negative fb changed?  he ruined my 100% rating.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Negative Feedback After Case Resolution

@johnpenelope1967

You have 2 negs so that buyer didn't ruin your 100% positive feedback. Simply because you refunded him doesn't mean the transaction was a positive one.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The belt may very well be fake
https://www.wikihow.com/Spot-a-Fake-Gucci-Belt

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Buyers are allowed to leave there opinion for the transaction.  You can send the buyer a feeddback revision but that would be the only thing.  Here is how to do a feedback revision

To request a Feedback revision:

• Go to the Account tab on My eBay and click Feedback.
  • At the top of the Feedback page, click the Go to the Feedback Forum link.
  • In the Feedback tools section on the right side of the page, click the Request Feedback revision link. You may need to sign in.
  • Find the Feedback you want to request a revision for.
  • Select the Give the buyer a reason for the request option, enter the reason for your request, and then click the Send button.

If the buyer does not respond do not bother them any further.  Just let it go and move on to better things.  Do not let it get you down, just keep looking forward and forget about it.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

wrote:

i recently received negative feedback from buyer.  i sold him an item he stated was not authenic - i thought it was.  at first he refused to return the item - then i stated the eBay return policy to him.  he finally did return it - then i gave him a 100% full refund.  he then refused to revise the negative fb even though he had promised to change it.

i reported him to eBay - is there anything else i can do to get the negative fb changed?  he ruined my 100% rating.

With all due respect, your thinking it was authentic is not sufficient~you need to know it was, sorry.  You can research that before listing, to avoid issues like this or a take down by Ebay for selling fakes, which is against policy~and that can really hurt your account, so this is for your protection.

Many sellers think a refund makes it everything all right, but it doesn't.  If everything was all right, you would not have had to refund or have a return.  The say if I gave a refund, I did all I could; but you didn't because there was an issue.  So the buyer is allowed to post his opinion of the transaction~that he was not happy or pleased.

There was nothing to report the buyer for~reporting him would be wrong.  He changed his mind about removing the bad feedback.  Nothing you can do now.

The way to avoid negatives is to avoid the issue that caused it.

Sorry this happened to you, OP, but don't let the neg get to you.  If you respond, be sure it is a professional response that will not turn off your future buyers.  Good luck to you.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

thanks - that helped a lot

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

wrote:

If he's refused to revise his FB, not anything more you can do. How did you report him to eBay? He's entitled to leave feedback reflecting his assessment of the transaction, and it's not going to be removed if he didn't violate feedback guidelines, which he has not.

Yeah, it sucks, but I had to scroll waaay down the page to even find it to read. It's not going to impact you, overall.

However, not doing enough research to ensure authenticity of items you list will, and a response to a negative FB that says "oops, thought it was real" indicates not only haven't you done that, but you don't care all that much, either. I'm not saying that's what you meant, only that it comes across that way.

A response should just state something factual, devoid of emotion and defensiveness, like "return accepted and buyer refunded." That shows that not only do you resolve any issues, you are professional. 

Belle
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

i will be more careful next time - it may have been a fake but i did not know it - i thought it was the real deal. my fault

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

With all due respect, your thinking it was authentic is not sufficient~you need to know it was, sorry.  You can research that before listing, to avoid issues like this or a take down by Ebay for selling fakes, which is against policy~and that can really hurt your account, so this is for your protection.

Many sellers think a refund makes it everything all right, but it doesn't.  If everything was all right, you would not have had to refund or have a return.  The say if I gave a refund, I did all I could; but you didn't because there was an issue.  So the buyer is allowed to post his opinion of the transaction~that he was not happy or pleased.

There was nothing to report the buyer for~reporting him would be wrong.  He changed his mind about removing the bad feedback.  Nothing you can do now.

Sorry this happened to you, OP, but don't let the neg get to you.  If you respond, be sure it is a professional response that will not turn off your future buyers.  Good luck to you.

@castlemagicmemories, were you looking over my shoulder while I typed?! 😮 Smiley LOL

Anyway, agree with you 100%.

BUT, too late for this advice: If you respond, be sure it is a professional response that will not turn off your future buyers. 😞

Belle
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@castlemagicmemories, were you looking over my shoulder while I typed?! 😮 Smiley LOL

Anyway, agree with you 100%.

BUT, too late for this advice: If you respond, be sure it is a professional response that will not turn off your future buyers. 😞

I picked up your positive vibrations in the atmosphere and channelled them, LOL!  They were saying, Belle says this, Belle says this, you must obey, you must obey...Smiley Happy

Thank you, Belle!

Oh, that is a shame.  That will hurt the OP, not the buyer.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply