cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Meet photo recommendations for 4 listings."

What does this message mean? I understand that I have opted to not use eBay's BORING DULL method of an auction layout,...but I have made all my photos https,...so what more do they want?  I will close my auctions down before I do it the way that they prefer,..with small pictures that you have to click on to enlarge,..and a short description. THAT is one of the reasons why auctions do so poorly these days. There is no longer any "life" to them. So what exactly more does eBay want from me,..with the statement :   "Meet photo recommendations for 4 listings."  Thanks

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

They say that any time you provide only one picture in the eBay picture section.  (I realize you embed more pics).  When eBay only gets a gallery pic to load, they start making recommendations.

Don't worry about it. It's only a recommendation.  They won't pinch you for it.

It's not about the size of the pics, just the number.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I believe they don't want pictures in the description as the does not show well for phones.  You get twelve listing pictures that you can take advantage of, though.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thanks so much. All any of us really want to do, is to have nice looking auctions that sell well. Plain-Janes never seem to do as well as.....hmmmm...trying to think of a name...ummm,.Ok,..I give up. Thanks again!!!
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

castlemagicmemories, where can I store or upload the 12 photos to? What site? Yeah,...darn cellphones. When I first started selling on eBay,..it was all about your auctions having all the "bells and whistles". Of course,..we were all viewing on computers,..not phones. I guess I better get with 2018.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

wrote:
Thanks so much. All any of us really want to do, is to have nice looking auctions that sell well. Plain-Janes never seem to do as well as.....hmmmm...trying to think of a name...ummm,.Ok,..I give up. Thanks again!!!

Well, in keeping with your Plain Janes, how about fancy dancy?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

wrote:
castlemagicmemories, where can I store or upload the 12 photos to? What site? Yeah,...darn cellphones. When I first started selling on eBay,..it was all about your auctions having all the "bells and whistles". Of course,..we were all viewing on computers,..not phones. I guess I better get with 2018.

I did not know you were using your phone.  So sorry!  The phone app is somewhat limited, I understand.  

You probably remember the fancy graphics they had back then; borders for listing, some holiday themed, etc.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

"fancy dancy"?...I will one-up you to Fancy Nancy!!!! lol
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

No,...I DON'T use a phone,..only a computer. But I realize that everyone now views auctions via their phone,..and NOT a computer,..like the "old days."
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

wrote:
 When I first started selling on eBay,..it was all about your auctions having all the "bells and whistles". Of course,..we were all viewing on computers,..

I had some purdy schmancy templates way back.  The old Photos and HTML board was nearly dedicated to schmancy templates.  We even had contests to make schmancy "ME" pages.

And I had a 100% sell through rate.  Probably more than 100% since I did SCOs and got additional sales for each auction.

Cain't get that no mo. 

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yep, the days of the 100% sell-through were great.  That and the bidding wars of more than one item at a time.  And, if you had a niche, you already had the addy of half of your winning bidders.

Sigh

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

eBay may be unhappy about your borders.  They are a no-no.

Personally I dislike embedded photos.  It's better now with cable internet but when I had DSL (which wasn't that long ago), it really slowed down the listing load time.

I took a look at one of your listings on my iPhone.  The embedded photos do not show on the main screen you see when click on the item.  It only pulls the words.  I have to hit Read More to get to the actual listing to see the photos.  Then when I do that, because the picture is being made to fit the margins, the text becomes super tiny and hard to read.

Just something to think about.  You get 12 pictures for the gallery.  There's no reason to not use them.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply