cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neg feedback left with false claims

Buyer bought a serpentine stone.

Buyer left negative feedback without communication at all.

I accept returns.

Buyer said in feedback I must have a billion watt light to make it  look like in pics.

All pics were taken outside in daylight in sunny southern California.

So buyer making false accusations about my  selling and picture taking methods claiming it is shameful..can this be appealed?

I have contacted buyer twice and all I get is crickets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275549566255

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Did the buyer open an item not as described case?

You don't appeal feedback.

What did you say in your contact to the buyer? Sorry you aren't satisfied.  Would refund upon return?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@rockhounddog   well, at least they didn't open a return request for item not as described.

eBay won't remove that feedback bc they state their opinion, just like u re the lighting, but u can leave a follow up comment, esentially saying what u say here in your post.

here is an ebay link to read re fb>    https://www.ebay.com/help/leaving-feedback-sellers/buying/leaving-feedback-sellers?id=4007&st=12&pos...

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

They use the words "must have"

Sounds more like an accusations than an opinion...of which implies me to be fraudulent  thus  leaving prospected buyers leary of  buying.

The stone is exactly as it is in pic.it has pyrite...it is dark.

I think buyers remorse.

What f....n Richardhead..

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Buyer did not ask for return.buyer opened no case.i messaged buyer and told him he could have simply ask for a return...never heard back from him.i emailed him twice I also reported to ebay my situation and explained where I stand on everything...by pressing that cute little waste of a click button littered all over eBay.."report buyer"

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Plus even if they opened a case item not as described..the pictures show a dark black rock with some green  serpentine and pyrite mixed throughout it..just as described in title and description...also it isn't jade..though he stated it is.the tite reads serpentine and pyrite

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I would contact ebay for business on Facebook. Click the contact us button. 

I would ask for feedback removal as it’s obvious this buyer left feedback for the wrong seller. The buyer states Jade and the listing is not for a jade stone nor does it state that it is. 

I sold a beading kit once, got a neg because buyer got a beading kit and not an embroidery kit as she wanted. It was listed under beading kits. Title and body of listing stated beading kit. Picture of the beads and fabric…  I asked for removal on those grounds and got it removed. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

While a Response is usually not a good idea, since it draws attention to the neg, you could make one.

"Has not returned stone for refund, though."  might cover the situation.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

NO. NO.  If the op writes a response,  it should show that the buyer made a mistake and confused transaction with other one since this stone is NOT Jade and the buyer wrote Jade in the negative comment.  I would write''

Buyer has confused my sale with another one. I sold him a dark PYRITE rock , NOT a Jade stone.    If someone clicks, they can see the comment and the title of the ad and the photo that for sure is NOT  Jade.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I would reply to the feedback with "I'm sorry you aren't happy with your purchase. I wish you had simply requested a return as per my return policy!"

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Pretty much what I said in my email to him

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Yeah..that's kinda my thinking..I was gonna call tomorrow.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

So get on the phone with an ebay rep and demand the feedback be removed. Your buyer claimed they bought jade, that's not what the listing states, I would point that out when you call.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

ha funny,,because i had this happen again very similiar but much worse...and ebay in 2024 wont take down feedback of any kind even when it is clear policy broken.i dont know what changed this year in ebay customer service but it is a waste of time

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

So you must've worked this out somehow because you are still selling on eBay.

BTW, the FB you left for that buyer was worse than what he left you. 

When leaving FB for a buyer, no matter how upset you are,  you always need to keep in mind that potential buyers can read that and base their judgement of you as a seller from how you handled that situation.

Would have been better to have left it alone. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply