cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need your advice on an Item sold with incorrect Title and Description

yesterday, someone purchased an item that was incorrectly described as " '70 Plymouth GTX" instead of  " '71 Plymouth GTX" (i.e. 1970 instead of 1971).  Following the sale, I sent two messages to the buyer regarding this issue but have not received a reply yet.  The description of the item also incorrectly mentions the wrong year, but it also says that "This sale is for the model kit pictured:  '70 Plymouth GTX", implying (i believe) that what is pictured is what will be shipped.  As a side note, the buyer is new with zero feedback.  Should I ship the item, or cancel the transaction, re-list it with the proper title and description, and send a message to the buyer letting him know that he can purchase the item again if they would like to?  I'm also afraid that I will receive negative feedback, but, maybe, that is what one deserves for making a mistake.

the listing can be found here:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/364654504405

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Need your advice on an Item sold with incorrect Title and Description

I see '70 in the Description and Title, but '71 in the photo. No... I wouldn't ship the item as it sold.

This is one time I'd use one of my Out of Stock cancellations (unless the messages you've sent are responded to and allow you to use 'Buyer requested') and relist the item. You've got until your ship date to decide, and I see 4-Day Handling...

By all means sell to the same buyer if they are still ready, willing and able. Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

@avirtualseller 

I'd try to call the buyer.

On their Order page, you should see their phone number in the Shipping section, under their address.

Since they're new, they are probably not seeing your messages.  ;/

Kim
Message 3 of 37
latest reply

Since you have a 4 day handling time, I'd give the buyer a little more time to respond.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 4 of 37
latest reply

Some buyers look...look...look for inaccurate descriptions.....no matter where it states or photos.

Can ship it and buyer will complain. No returns does not mean no returns.

I see a refund and buyer keeps item...just what might happen.

Do not ship. It is the weekend so expect no reply...Superbowl was a big deal...this weekend.

Zero feedback is probably in my own opinion...my own opinion...I will not ship it.

Its a bit pricy for me to lose that sum of money.

Block the buyer immediately....my own opinion.

If buyer emails you...maybe ship it...signature required for package received...which costs more.

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Respectfully, why should the OP "block the buyer"?

The OP admits that his listing was erroneous.  He is concerned because he has been unable to contact the buyer.  What has the buyer done, exactly, that he deserves to be blocked?

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

thank you, all! still no reply from the buyer.  sent one more message, and will probably cancel the transaction tomorrow if i don't hear back from them.

ps: i agree that the buyer did nothing wrong, and there is no reason for me to block the buyer.  +i'm definitely in the wrong here.

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

Great reply.  And be sure to explain to the buyer the reason you are cancelling.  

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

well, i wish i could. i just went thru the cancelling process without finalizing the process, and there is no edit box where one can explain the reason why the order is being cancelled.

also, the only three options you can choose from are:

1. out of stock, or damaged

2. Buyer asked to cancel

3. Issue with buyer's shipping address

so, i have no choice but to select #1 even though that is not the reason why i'm cancelling the order. ebay, ebay, ebay!

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

@avirtualseller wrote:

well, i wish i could. i just went thru the cancelling process without finalizing the process, and there is no edit box where one can explain the reason why the order is being cancelled.

also, the only three options you can choose from are:

1. out of stock, or damaged

2. Buyer asked to cancel

3. Issue with buyer's shipping address

so, i have no choice but to select #1 even though that is not the reason why i'm cancelling the order. ebay, ebay, ebay!

@avirtualseller 

You need to 'Contact buyer' and explain the reason for the cancellation before you Cancel.

As I alluded to in my previous post, you can check their reaction and if they are onboard, you could cite 'Buyer asked to cancel', then relist it for them to repurchase after you've made the listing's corrections.

If the buyer is not onboard, you can only (honestly) use 'OOS', as you don't have a '70 Model (as advertised) in stock. 

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

thanks, unfortunately, i've already sent three messages but have not heard back

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

@avirtualseller wrote:

thanks, unfortunately, i've already sent three emails but have not heard back

@avirtualseller 

Got it. So you take the honest Out of Stock Cancellation if you want to finalize it before your Handling Time runs out. Just keep an eye on your inventory... eBay only allows a couple per year. We sellers empathize... it's happened to many of us.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

I would ship it if it were me. 

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

Even though we don't  know for sure what the buyer really expected to receive? 

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

@avirtualseller 
  If that was me. I'd make the shipping label the day it should be shipped.  And send a message/explanation every morning until I heard back. 
I actually have one of those going on as well.  Listed a left mirror with a right photo, and then I listed the right mirror, with the left photo. UGH
  I have a label made and just waiting until I get a reply.
Although, now I that I think about it.... Go ahead and ship a 70 model.  I mean, who would want a 71? LOL

Message 15 of 37
latest reply