cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help understanding the Search function.

I have some items that include the term MOTION LAMP in the title. When I use the search feature, using all categories, and select newest items first they are not showing up as new items (I.E. I listed them on 9-7 and motion lamps listed by others on 9-7 and even 9-8 show up but mine do not show up in that sort feature). My lamps do show up in the overall list but are randomly distributed among the 1,700+ results. Any clues why they are not appearing in the new items sorting? 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need some help understanding the Search function.

@dhaga wrote:

Not that I know of. They were originally put up on the 20th and they ended with no bidders. After they ended I  revised the listings with lower prices and to have a scheduled start date of 9-7. Yeah, nothing I can do about the shipping prices and a few did sell before with same prices. The shipping to west coast is much cheaper. 

If you used "relist" that's the answer to your question. Using relist keeps the original start date, even if it was 2 years ago.

Using "sell similar" will give you a new start date @dhaga .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Are these relisted automatically. Your dates are showing Aug 20th and around that time same date for all those auctions. Since August 20th there have been hundreds listed since yours will continue to drop down the list as they are not the newest listed. Also someone would be out of their mind to pay $80 shipping for those. Maybe check Ebay for the calculated ship cost and adjust accordingly.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Not that I know of. They were originally put up on the 20th and they ended with no bidders. After they ended I  revised the listings with lower prices and to have a scheduled start date of 9-7. Yeah, nothing I can do about the shipping prices and a few did sell before with same prices. The shipping to west coast is much cheaper. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@dhaga wrote:

I have some items that include the term MOTION LAMP in the title. When I use the search feature, using all categories, and select newest items first they are not showing up as new items (I.E. I listed them on 9-7 and motion lamps listed by others on 9-7 and even 9-8 show up but mine do not show up in that sort feature). My lamps do show up in the overall list but are randomly distributed among the 1,700+ results. Any clues why they are not appearing in the new items sorting? 

My opinion, take it for what it's worth.  It's not a "search" anymore.  It is a list of promoted items.  You pay to list an item (or maybe not, I haven't sold in a while) and then you pay promotion fees  to have your listings visible in "search results".

YMMV.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Like I said the items do show up in the overall search they just are not sorted when I set to new items first. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@khetzel wrote:

It's not a "search" anymore.  It is a list of promoted items.  you pay promotion fees  to have your listings visible in "search results".

@khetzel   That would be totally false. You do not have to pay for your items to show up in search. I have never not found anything I have ever listed and have never paid a dime in promotion fees.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@dhaga wrote:

Like I said the items do show up in the overall search they just are not sorted when I set to new items first. 

If you want a new date you have to end the listing and sell similar. Your listings are showing the "original" date and will continue to do so until you make it a new listing. I wouldn't worry about it at this time as they are auctions. If someone wants them they will still find them and bid if they choose.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@dhaga wrote:

If you used "relist" that's the answer to your question. Using relist keeps the original start date, even if it was 2 years ago.

Using "sell similar" will give you a new start date @dhaga .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Ah, the relist vs sell similar. Bummer it keeps the original listing as the start date when I revised the items and selected a new start date. Thanks for the help, I understand now. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply