cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a trading assistent in Eastern NC

I have a large lot (5k+ SKUs) of small engine parts that I need to list and sell.  Looking for someone in the Eastern NC area to work with to get these listed and sold.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Need a trading assistent in Eastern NC

What you want is a typist who can fill and upload a simple form.

Because you want to keep all the parts in your possession.

And you want to make sure that packaging and shipping is done to your standard.

And you want all the money to come to your bank account.

So really, call the local Job Centre and ask for someone with typing skills.

A knowledge of engine parts would be a bonus, but not actually necessary.

You want an employee, paid hourly or on a wage.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sorta...I am looking for someone that will split the revenue generated from these sales.  I have the parts at or below costs...so there is margin for a healthy split.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@mowman28466 

It’s difficult enough trying to sell one’s own stuff.
Profit margins are tight. 
Who wants 5000+ items that belong to someone else taking up space in the garage?

Dealing with refunds, listing fees, final value fees, chargebacks, answering buyer questions, 1099 requirements, payment holds, taking pictures, typing a listing description, figuring out pricing… maybe even an overbearing ‘owner’ who wants control of the process without a clear understanding of the process. 

There is no benefit to the ‘trading assistant’. It can be a headache. That’s why there aren’t many takers. But, who knows, maybe your mailbox is full of sellers looking for a challenge. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Are you willing to give a stranger your banking details and SS# for the IRS or do you expect them to take the fall?  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@mowman28466 

I don't imagine that there are many individuals out there who would be willing to wait over 180 days to get paid, just in case an eBay buyer decided within 6 months to do a credit card chargeback on an eBay  purchase:  eBay is generally of no assistance on credit card chargebacks, leaving many sellers on the hook for items that were purchased a half year earlier.

And the tax liabilities might be too much of a hassle for your "assistant" -- unless the site is entirely yours.

That still leaves a huge amount of work for an "assistant" to perform.

They could probably find more profitable jobs (with benefits!) at Target.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Unfortunately, with ebay's structuring, fees associated, and the looming IRS reporting, I don't think you'll find an ebay seller willing to jump on board.  The risk vs. reward ratio is off the scale.   As femmefan1946 points out, you need a paid employee.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply