cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help: Promoted Listings Impressions Dropped Since July 2023

I've been facing a challenging issue where my promoted listings impressions took a sharp decline at the end of July 2023 and haven't bounced back since. It's been quite some time now, April 2024, without recovery. I'm reaching out to see if anyone has experienced something similar and, if so, how you managed to resolve it. Any advice or guidance from the community would be hugely helpfulScreenshot 2024-04-14 021216.png

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@saltandvollections 

I would not be so concerned with "impressions".  An impression is recorded if a search query shows your listing.  "Shows" is the tell word, for even if your item is on page 198, it will record an impression.  Even if it shows on someone else's listing in spot 99, an impression will be counted.  If people agree to PAY MORE to promote, you will fall even farther on the list if you don't agree to pay more as well.  The more people that eBay convinces to promote, the less effective it becomes to do so.  For example, if everyone promoted their product at 15%, it would have the same effect if  everyone refused to promote at all.  

You need to focus more on SALES, and if this promoting increases SALES.  It is best to promote "selectively", not everything you have for sale, and not for items for which there are not many listings anyway.    Buyers tend to look at what else you have for sale as well once they 'find' you anyway.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I don't see the trend with mine like you see in yours. 
Organic seems to do just fine for you.

If my PLS was trending like yours, I would discontinue using it. 
From looking at your sales you really don't need to use promoted listings.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Has it been the same campaign running ever since started? If so maybe end it and start another?

Was wondering if your promoted sales are similar to the chart?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@saltandvollections 

I would not be so concerned with "impressions".  An impression is recorded if a search query shows your listing.  "Shows" is the tell word, for even if your item is on page 198, it will record an impression.  Even if it shows on someone else's listing in spot 99, an impression will be counted.  If people agree to PAY MORE to promote, you will fall even farther on the list if you don't agree to pay more as well.  The more people that eBay convinces to promote, the less effective it becomes to do so.  For example, if everyone promoted their product at 15%, it would have the same effect if  everyone refused to promote at all.  

You need to focus more on SALES, and if this promoting increases SALES.  It is best to promote "selectively", not everything you have for sale, and not for items for which there are not many listings anyway.    Buyers tend to look at what else you have for sale as well once they 'find' you anyway.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I have a little over 100+ promoted listings out of 3000+. 

I only promote the expensive items....which can be hard to sell but get my site noticed by promoting those cool items. And I do promote 'high'.

This week Monday-Thursday dead due to taxes...excluding my "repeat buyers". But had a high end promoted sale on those days that made up for those slow 4 days.  

So far, Friday, Saturday & Sunday are looking great with cheapie sales...but sales nonetheless which are not promoted.

Promoting everything to me would be crazy....it only takes one cool high end item to get a person notice.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I would have ended that campaign and started a new one awhile ago.

I'd try that and see if things are different.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Maybe buyers are just going to Amazon, where you're dropshipping from.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

sounds like a plan, but first I will follow this method based on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYynqPlXTv8 and turn off my promoted listings for now to see how the numbers go, then I will try that method. The worst case scenario is that I will just scale with organic listings like what others are saying.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Promoted listings just make ebay more money.

Be glad your organic sales are working and get rid of promoted listings.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply