cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry if asked... Recommended online tax filing site for those with regular w-2 and ebay business

I have used Taxact before so I do like that much of my general info is easily imported, but looking for something different if I can somehow do it free or cheaper. From Taxact website, it looks like the only option if you do online sales would be the "Self-Employed" version which cost $99.99. I'm also a homeowner so I guess I'd be able to do their Deluxe edition but I guess with ebay it will force me to double that price to the most expensive version. Taxact is ok, but honestly not exactly the most intuitive and easiest to understand at all points. Is there a site that offers a better price/ease of use with a version that covers us with a regular job/home/online sales?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Sorry if asked... Recommended online tax filing site for those with regular w-2 and ebay business

My husband and I use a CPA. Makes tax time less stressful for us. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I use TurboTax - easy, flexible, and comprehensive.  I’d advise against trying to save $50 by scouring for a cheaper route.  Don’t go cheap on taxes, underwear, or chocolate.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Don't forget scotch!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I've been using CashApp last couple years and it's free to file your taxes.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I use a free online service.  (free for my federal. small payment for state)

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@pls-consignments wrote:

Don't forget scotch!

I don’t drink liquor, but that’s why I hear 🙂  Forgot one - packing tape.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I looked up CashApp and it looks like they are what was formerly Credit Karma tax filing. Is it free for both federal/state filing ANd for ebay/self-employed filing?

To buyselljack... what free service do you use and is it good for everything I'm talking about?

Any more suggestions from others experiences?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I will not post that on the boards, but if you like I can PM with the name of what I used.

It covered everything that I needed.  eBay self employed, and all the schedules. Have been using same for years.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

ok I pm'ed you buyselljack

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@leareamc 

" I'm also a homeowner so I guess I'd be able to do their Deluxe edition but I guess with ebay it will force me to double that price to the most expensive version."

Ebay isn't going to force you to do anything.  They have nothing to do with how you file your taxes.  But it is unlikely that a Deluxe edition will have the forms or programs in it that you need because you have a small business too.

For me personally, we use TurboTax and have for years.  It has done a great job for us. 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

I use TurboTax - easy, flexible, and comprehensive.  I’d advise against trying to save $50 by scouring for a cheaper route.  Don’t go cheap on taxes, underwear, or chocolate.

Or beer.

Friends, don't let friends drink watery macro-lager.

I use Turbo-Tax home and business - it's pretty easy, and they do a great job of stepping you through everything. $99 at Costco.

ETA: We have W2, social security and a business to reconcile.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 12
latest reply