cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SALES since May 20th- Am I being punished Ebay?

Anyone else not having sales? At the start of May I went 8 days without a sale and then things picked back up for about a week and a half and then on May 20th... BAM, all sales came to a screeching halt again. I know that Ebay updated the view counts on that day, but I really find it hard to believe that is why sales have stopped considering the same thing happened at the start of the month. 

Would love to hear if others are having the same issue.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: NO SALES since May 20th- Am I being punished Ebay?

I seriously doubt you're being punished by eBay, considering that eBay is only aware of sellers who have sneakers and watches.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

A lot of this is probably your prices. Prices that are not competitive do not sell. Searching something, finding other listings for it and then posting yours much higher does not result in sales.  Hoping all the other cheaper ones will sell first and then you will get bank doesn't work, instead other cheaper ones will replace them and yours will sit unsold with all the other way over market examples of whatever the item is.

I checked a half dozen of your items and not a single one was priced competitively in any way.

Nintendo Power Magazine Vol 30 November 1991 Final Fantasy II Flintstones Poster

You have it at 19.98 shipped. You have 10 people lower than you, cheapest is 13.95 shipped and that person has "best offer" enabled.

2003 Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman The Complete Season 1 DVD 5-Disc Set Jane Seymour

You have this at $18 shipped. 15 people have it cheaper the lowest one is $9 cheaper.

the complete dog book : akc golden anniversary edition hardcover book

You have it just over $20 shipped. 7 competitors have it as low as $13.82 shipped.

Mormon Encyclopedia set you have 100 plus shipping on it, 3 others have it $20-$36 cheaper.

Flip Top Simba mug, you have $26 shipped, MANY other sellers have it as cheap as $11 shipped.

Starbucks mug that you listed yesterday, yours is almost the most expensive one listed of the same mug that showed up when searching for your exact title.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Howling here. 😂

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Possibly you misunderstood. I also am a one-off seller who was impacted May 13 by whatever it is that eBay does on a regular basis to cause disruptions. My point is we seem to be the sellers targeted. 

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Same here the worst month in years!

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

I don't recall asking for a store critique which you seem to LOVE doing to everyone who comes on this board saying they have no sales. Everything happening on Ebay is not about price. I know the value of the items I have listed and have checked the sold comps before listing. Please do not come on these boards and undermind those who are not selling items when they have been doing so for years prior. There is a major issue going on with majority of ebay sellers not having sales; your comment is not helping the matter (you're one of those Ebay sellouts arent you- meaning they can do no wrong).

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

I seriously doubt you're being punished by eBay, considering that eBay is only aware of sellers who have sneakers and watches.

I don't know if I should laugh at your comment or not; but either way thanks for the chuckle and yes Ebay does punish sellers for not doing certain things they want (like promoting your listings and ghosting you).

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Tagging on:

22 year seller with 3 accounts.

Simply Put:     I was selling $165.00 per day since mid February split about 50/50 between US and Canada-UK-Australia

On May 17th I sold about $40.00 total.    Since May 17th I've averaged about $60.00 total per day 

between the 3 accounts.

So,  between the 3 accounts I'm down $100.00 per day starting May 17th and has remained at that level.

I was selling my LP collection and was averaging 3 sales per day.    I've sold one LP in 14 days.

Nobody is going to convince this 22 year seller,   with 3 selling accounts,   and nearly 50,000 sales on ebay 

and is listening to Pink Floyd as I type,

That ebay ain't broken.    

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

@memorymarielane wrote:

I don't recall asking for a store critique which you seem to LOVE doing to everyone who comes on this board saying they have no sales. Everything happening on Ebay is not about price. I know the value of the items I have listed and have checked the sold comps before listing. Please do not come on these boards and undermind those who are not selling items when they have been doing so for years prior. There is a major issue going on with majority of ebay sellers not having sales; your comment is not helping the matter (you're one of those Ebay sellouts arent you- meaning they can do no wrong).

I am sorry I wasted my time trying to help you. Since you complained about no sales I assumed you wanted sales.

Listing items for 30-100 percent higher than what the exact same items are currently listed for unsold is a very sound business model and it is ebay's fault that no one is buying that stuff.

I could have listed and shipped more items in that time and in this time, and I am sorry I wasted it. 

I wish you the best in everything you do.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Some people think they're running a store when in practice they're curating a museum.

But then again, there are also folks who use booths in a mall as a storage place.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 25 of 31
latest reply

And some people think the lowest price wins, but that's not the case with collectibles. Condition, location, trust, etc all of that weighs in.

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

@ulfesharpe wrote:

And some people think the lowest price wins, but that's not the case with collectibles. Condition, location, trust, etc all of that weighs in.

Definitely the case with your pencils, definitely in that category. But common books, DVDs, etc, just not happening. There just isn't a customer paying double for a premium DVD buying experience. 

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

There's a lot of real life stuff effecting sales right now as well as competing markets that have popped up when they saw the increase of online sales during the height of the pandemic.  I've just been more careful of what I list right now.  

You need to find the buyer looking for your items.

Finding out of print items or rare items which have sold in the past are the best bet, but it might just be the holiday, end of school year, war, inflation, gas prices, competing online markets.

If you need to make a sale right away, then lower your prices, otherwise, best to wait.  I'm sure those higher up are watching the platform as well.  They don't want eBay to collapse.  Good luck to you

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Yes I am in the same boat! This is ridiculous! Have you seen any improvement?

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Our sales dipped 45% from last month. We made no change whatsoever in our approach to cause such a drop. Worst we have seen in years. We had to drop our employees down to 1-2 days a week which hurt our hearts. These are good, small town people who don't deserve this and are counting on this income. Our traffic has dropped in some cases 70-80% which is ridiculous. Look at the drop on the graph. Prior is steady and after is forced with a 16% ad rate (100% increase vs. prior dip. ) Capture.PNG

Message 30 of 31
latest reply